• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

why are these running? (screenshot)

aaronmach1

Android Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2009
michigan usa
Look at this screen shot of running apps. I had just pulled it off the charger and turned it on this morning and notice all these apps are running.Some of them are bloatware crap that i have never even used! I turn them off and eventually they come back on or they come back on when i reboot the phone. Any ideas? i may try the juice defender app i guess.
1316682479137.png

Look at this screen shot of running apps. I had just pulled it off the charger and turned it on this morning and notice all these apps are running.Some of them are bloatware crap that i have never even used! I turn them off and eventually they come back on or they come back on when i reboot the phone. Any ideas? i may try the juice defender app i guess.
1316682479137.png

All of these will start back up if you have them syncing, circle battery is always checking, if you are using vz navigater it will be checking locations which is probably why my verizon is runnning. Basically anything you have to set up to sync will show up or any program you have used recently. Just because it show up as being open does not mean it is drawing power. It is most likely just idleing in the background. If you shut it down completely it will actually draw more power when it syncs again. That is why task closing apps use more power than they save. Sync what you have to and let the phone manage when it should be closed down. That is the beauty of android.

Upvote 0
More importantly, does it matter? Hhmmn...

While I am the biggest control freak ever, as long as my Bionic isn't slowing down, I really don't care. Having said that, I am rooted and have gotten rid of any bloatware that I don't want running just cause it feels like it. I also make sure that things aren't sync'ing too much causing battery drain.

Upvote 0
More importantly, does it matter? Hhmmn...

I also make sure that things aren't sync'ing too much causing battery drain.

Just curious, I have two K9 email accounts and I realize K9 pushes mail fast right away. Is that a big battery drain? If so, I could slow one of the accounts down, to save some battery? I just don't know how to do it.

One of the K9 accounts checks my Gmail, which is the one I like pushed because I get notified of Amazon, Ebay/Paypal, & account changes instantaneously.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Just curious, I have two K9 email accounts and I realize K9 pushes mail fast right away. Is that a big battery drain? If so, I could slow one of the accounts down, to save some battery? I just don't know how to do it.

One of the K9 accounts checks my Gmail, which is the one I like pushed because I get notified of Amazon, Ebay/Paypal, & account changes instantaneously.

I use K-9 as well ... for my GMail account, and a few others. I have the GMail account "pushing", but the other accounts only "poll the servers" every 3 hours. This helps save battery. I can always manually poll the servers for mail if I want to at any given time.

HTH

Reactions: DanDroide
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones