• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why areAndroid Google backups such a mystery?

Snapper 7

Oct 22, 2017
My tablet says " Your device isn't backed up" better be safe than sorry" ... then there WAS a button to tap on to START BACKUP.

tapping the button made the tablet go to SETTINGS and that's all it did, now that button is gone from the screen! All the settings were correct anyway...... What good is a button that says ' start backup ' if it doesn't do anything?.

I let the tablet ON for over 12 hours and in Google Drive or Gmail I still have no backup at all from that device.

Why can't I get an answer to a simple question " When do backups occur, every hour or day or month or?????"

In fact the last backup for that tablet was from 2015 not 2017 so I deleted it!! Yet there are some in Drive that are from 2017 that will expire in 53 days. If the device is backing up as it's alleged it does why was there only one backup that was 2 years old?

I've even called Google on 2 occasions and even they don't have an answer, if the people who made it don't know WHO does?

Thanks,

Snapper 7

This kind of nonsense drives me batty, it can't be THAT hard can it??

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones