• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

why aren't we in tapatalk yet?

Funny - I must be pushy, then with *my* marketing - I had posted via DROID and sent via DROID as my signature every time I used the phone when I first bought it.

Now, if you have the app installed and it ells you when you are on a site (say in your browser) that you can use their app instead, I agree that you should be able to dismiss the message.

However, I personally plan on keeping the signature line b/c I like the idea of helping a little bit - and when I decide I don't want it anymore I'll get rid of it.

Seeing as I never use the browser to go to a site that I have an app for, I suppose I have never seen such annoying popups, so am unaffected by them.

Upvote 0
Lock N Load, plain and simple, there is a slight bug on the site here that makes the alert pop up every time. This is not normal, the admins know about it, obviously they don't like it because as you said, it takes people away from the site.

When this bug is squashed, your complaint about software pimping will be moot. again this constant alert is not by design, it is an error.

if you were to browse most any other site that uses tapatalk, you will see that is only shows 1 time.

I am not looking for a social networking version of a forum reader trying to sell me on other forums and what's happening on those other forums I don't care about, I am looking for a tool I can select ONLY what forums I want and add them... and not be inundated with ways to look at forums I do not care about.

congrats, everyone is, including me....

this is how the app works. you go to your favorites, that you add, and control, and you have a clean list of the sites you selected....pretty simple stuff..

Upvote 0
Lcongrats, everyone is, including me....

this is how the app works. you go to your favorites, that you add, and control, and you have a clean list of the sites you selected....pretty simple stuff..

Understood, I am not a total ****, but correct me if I am wrong, unless they changed it from beta, you have all those endless images/slider content of forums right at the very top... so steer around that (more of an issue in landscape but annoying anyway they are above the fold in first spot). And then, you have the Browse, Search and Just In to navigate around - more stuff mostly related to places you wont go once you et your Favs setup. Favs is in there I admit, down the page, but that is part of the bloated GUI and feature set and why I think it not laid out well and makes it a social networking forum reader, and not just a forum reader.

man... I gotta go eat dinner

Upvote 0
Understood, I am not a total ****, but correct me if I am wrong, unless they changed it from beta, you have all those endless images/slider content of forums right at the very top... SNIP

im using the beta now, and it is literally 1 click to your favs.

open the app

you have the featured site on the top row, then buttons under. the button in the middle it favs. click that and you go to your fav page that is a list of your favs, shows nothing but that list, no featured scroller, nothing.

caddy have you tried the apple market version? so sweeeeeet

no i haven't, im sure it is nice, it has been developed and polished over a few years now. give the droid version time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones