1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why can't I pinch 'n zoom on Atrix

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by guinness1, Feb 21, 2011.

1. guinness1

guinness1 Lurker

Firstly, I love the Atrix. Im a convert from the iPhone 4 and no regrets are in order; however, I'm having difficulty pinching 'n zooming in the browser. When I go to a specific web page, default for instance, I cannot pinch 'n zoom as I could with my iPhone 4. Is there something I am missing here? I am new to Android and loving thus far. I don't miss iOS at all. Any settings? Suggestions?

Advertisement

2. You're prob on a mobile site. You can't pinch and zoom on those on iOS or Android. Got to a desktop version of a website.

3. dtbrown

dtbrown Lurker

Funny thing is the HTC Inspire will pinch and zoom a mobile site. I just compared the two side by side on cnn.com mobile site and the Inspire will pinch and zoom but the Atrix won't. And I couldn't find a setting in the Atrix to enable it.

4. pinbak

pinbak Well-Known Member

Yea that's odd, it does do it on my Inspire too, I went to engadget and it would pinch to zoom on the mobile site. Maybe there is a setting on the moto that will enable it!

5. guinness1

guinness1 Lurker

Wondering what the setting may be? I love the Atrix but I'm bitterly missing pinch 'n zoom on mobile websites. Come on Motorola!!!!!

6. algs26

algs26 Member

I think HTC redid the browser to always reflow so it probably carried over to mobile sites. Stock only does this on double taps.

7. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Android Enthusiast

Download another browser. Try Firefox or Dolphin HD...