1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why can't I play video recorded on my EVO on Apple TV 2?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by mizzouguy, May 20, 2011.

1. mizzouguy

mizzouguy Lurker

Shouldn't I be able to play video on my Apple TV 2 that I recorded from my EVO in MPEG-4 format (I've actually tried all 3 of the formats on the EVO).

I've tried to play these in various ways. Uploaded to iTunes on the iMAC and then tried to play from the Apple TV. I get the error "Error Occurred loading content. Try again later". I have also bought the doubletwisted airplay and apple TV displays the same error when I try to play it.
    The iMac can play these videos withou problem in iTunes, so it's just the apple tv.

Any help greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. I know the videos play in Quicktime, so i'm not sure why they wouldnt play with any other apple device. You could always convert the videos, however you would lose quality.

3. Try to use a video converter to convert your video to MP4 with H.264 code.

4. Usta

Usta Android Expert

Before jumping into video conversion, I'd suggest to check the compatibility of the recorded video with the Apple TV.

First, check that the videos are OK. Can you play the recorded videos on the phone?
    If yes, then proceed further by checking what format was the video recorded. Get MediaInfo on PC, open it in text format and copy here the video analysis.

Apple TV supports (quote from their website):

Video formats
    H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
    MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
    Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Audio formats supported
    HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through

5. aviduka

aviduka Lurker

Hello,

Handbrake does a good job of converting video to the Apple TV format .m4v or .mp4 format.