1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General why can't I Sbeam music files with the S4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by craigrn16, May 24, 2013.

1. craigrn16

craigrn16 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    New Jersey
    When I had my S3 me and my buddy would tranfer music to each other using Sbeam all the time. Now that I have the S4 it won't work. Did they remove the feature?

Advertisement

2. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    Male
    Garmin Tech support
    Kansas
    I'm able to send music from my Note 2 to a friends S4 no problem.

3. prerunnerseth

prerunnerseth Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Sent a song from my wife's S3 to my S4 last night. Make sure sbeam is turned on in your settings.

4. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 12, 2010
    Male
    Digital marketing intern
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    I'm able to recieve music from mates GS3 LTE to my GS4, but I cant send to him from my GS4 to his GS3 LTE, could be the new NFC standard GS4 uses?

5. j_santelises

j_santelises Lurker
    None

May 25, 2013
    Hey guys so this is my first forum post, ever, especially on here so I would really appreciate the help and input.

So I have had my Galaxy S4 for about three weeks now and have had a bunch of trouble s-beaming music to other Samsung Galaxy devices. My roommate recently bought an S4 too and we tried S-beaming music and to no luck we weren't able to do it.

Before anyone asks: Yes, I do have both NFC and S beam on and yes I can s-beam pictures just fine. Its a really cool phone but by God how the heck do I s-beam music?!?!

I spent two whole hours at the Sprint store asking the employees and trying it out on various android phones with NFC capability and still no luck. I then spent a whole day live chatting with Samsung attempting to find out what the problem might be and their solution was clearing the cache and resetting the phone. Still does not work. Then they ended up telling me that you can only s-beam through the defualt samsung music app. Apparently the Google Play Music app will NOT s-beam music because they put digital rights on your music. Still no luck

If anybody can please tell me what is going on PLEASE tell me! Sprint also told me that there have been a few people who are also experiencing similar problems. Am I the only one here that can't s-beam music on the S4?

6. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!!
    None

Feb 15, 2012
    Male
    Web Dev
    Texas
    Moved to S4 section. :)

7. wbc2291

wbc2291 Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2012
    im having the same problem. I have a s4 and i cant beam music to an s3 or another s4. please help