• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why can't I see my SD card files from my PC?

relztrah

Jun 21, 2013
With my old Moto E2 I simply connected the phone to my Windows 10 PC and I could see the internal storage and the SD card. With this Moto E4 running Android 7.1 I can see the phone from my PC, but it shows that this folder is empty. I've looked through all the settings on my phone and don't see anything that would prevent or allow me to see files when connected to the PC. There are several YouTube videos addressing this issue but none of them has a solution that works.
ElOo6

Attachments

• folderempty.JPG
    folderempty.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 119
With Android 6, the default setting for USB connections is "charge only" mode. Windows 10 will detect the device but not allow access to files. On your phone when plugged in you should see the USB icon in the notification bar. Open notifications and tap on that and you should see USB options. Choose file transfer or MTP mode and your files should then be accessible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones