• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why can't I set any MP3 as ringtone?

I guess I've not tried all of my mp3s but the ones I've tried have worked. While a song is playing in the stock music player simply tap menu and one of the choices is to add as ring tone. Has worked for me.

That worked just now for me too, in a round about way.

My ringtones, are in a my_ringtones folder on my SD card, and they don't show up when I go to settings>>sounds. And the only real way to play them is to open them with a file explorer, and when I play them that way, the menu button does nothing. But then when I exit out of that, and open up the music app directly, I can do what you said. Weird.

I wish I was able to just copy all my ringtones to the phone's ringtone folder, so they would appear with all the stock ringtones. But I can't move anything to that folder right now. I think it won't let me because I'm not rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones