• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Why Can't I Tether??

Wadsworth78

Aug 2, 2012
I've tried for the last month to figure this out. I'm using WiFI Tether, and have tried every option I can think of, and about 20 other ones suggested on this forum, but I've yet to have any success. I know it's something I'm doing wrong,though, since other people are able to get this to work. Can anybody help me out? Thanks in advance.

Download this specific version of WiFi tether for root users:
Official Link

Mirror1

(it will download to your sdcard and you have to install it from there. The version from the play store will not work)
Then use these settings:

device profile - generic ics/jb wlan0
setup method - auto
send netd max client cmd - checked
wifi driver reload -checked
wifi driver reload 2 - unchecked
routing fix - checked

Upvote 0
Has anyone found the thing how to edit the throttle?

The file you ate talking about might have a SMALL effect on data speeds but throttling is done server side. (on boost/sprint's side) There isn't going to be a way to completely disable the throttle from your phone. It just doesn't work that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones