1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

why can't I transfer all my music?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Canesfan, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Canesfan

Canesfan Android Enthusiast

Just got a new 32 gig memory card, inserted it in my Mac., and attempted to download all my iTunes music to it. It showed it was successful. Then I inserted the card into my Note 4 after deleting all my previous music files, and loaded them.

It still shows I obtained about 90 tunes short of my total 1400+ iTunes songs. While I realize some songs may not transfer as they're protected, is there a better way to do this, and obtain virtually all of them?

Thanks, in advance.

#1 Canesfan, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Are all the the files unprotected? I still have some old downloads hanging around that are protected with DRM that won't play on anything but iTunes or an iPod.

EarlyMon likes this.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Check out "SD Insight"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humanlogic.sdi

First and always with any new sd card, check that it's not a counterfeit.

Formatting sd cards on a Mac is hit or miss. If you did that, either get the formatter from sdcard.org or just format it on your phone.

When transferring iTunes music from a Mac, retain the album/folder organization - if you put that many songs into a single folder on the sd card, the FAT32 filesystem is going to struggle something fierce.

Podivin, KOLIO and lunatic59 like this.
  4. nabu

nabu Newbie

is it possible to transfer music over to Note 4 from iPhone?

5. ilovethebeach

ilovethebeach Well-Known Member

Android has double twist....will play your iTunes

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews