• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why can't my droid do this?

asdasd

Apr 3, 2010
I download the htc ime keyboard for my droid. I love it, but I hate that when I use the hardware keyboard, sometimes the htc ime keyboard seems to be activated and sometimes not.

I do not want it activated for the hardware. It is annoying because sometimes i hear the clicking noise i set for the htc keyboard, showing the htc is activated. This is bad because then the htc doesn't change isnt it isn't and capitalize 'i' and things like that. I know that i can turn on full autocorrect for the hardware, but i do not want that.

Can i have my phone use the stock keyboard in hardware and the htc for software typing?

Thanks all.

I had this problem all the time which is why I don't even both with HTC keyboard. The only fix I know of is when you want to use the hardware kb, just long press on the text entry area, hit "text entry method" and hit Android. When you go back to portrait entry, you'll have to do the same method to go back to HTC. If someone else knows an easier method I'm all for it since I like the larger buttons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones