• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why Can't Software Toggle Network on CDMA?

I have a CDMA Android phone, the Droid Incredible on Verizon. I have a pretty good background with electronics, hardware and software.

Can anyone please tell me why all the apps in the app market state they are unable to toggle network connectivity off and on on a CDMA device?

My device runs HTC SenseUI. There is a toggle widget that allows the mobile network to be turned on and off. There is a settings section that allows it to be done. Why don't applications have access to this functionality?

Someone PLEASE be technical and detailed. This is a frustrating limitation that I just don't understand.

Thanks!
Garrett

I have a CDMA Android phone, the Droid Incredible on Verizon. I have a pretty good background with electronics, hardware and software.

Can anyone please tell me why all the apps in the app market state they are unable to toggle network connectivity off and on on a CDMA device?

My device runs HTC SenseUI. There is a toggle widget that allows the mobile network to be turned on and off. There is a settings section that allows it to be done. Why don't applications have access to this functionality?

Someone PLEASE be technical and detailed. This is a frustrating limitation that I just don't understand.

Thanks!
Garrett

There is a way to do it, but it's different for every CDMA phone(using secret menus with dialer codes). That's probably why there isn't an app for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones