• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why did you remove individual SMS ringtones

Why did you remove individual SMS ringtones in the last update (01/06/2018)?
Do you not understand the efficiency of being able identify the sms sender by their individual ringtone?
Have you hidden it somewhere other than the CONTACTS information page?
A little common sense in your program would be a good thing.

Samsung Never Again

Ok.. I almost feel silly for mentioning this BUT...

You do realise that we aren't samsung... so we didn't remove anything
We also aren't Google
We aren't Android
We aren't Amazon
We aren't LG/Sony/Nokia or even Apple in disguise.

We're a collection of Android enthusiasts who like to have a forum to talk about Android and other stuff (and post pictures of cute cats)

If you want to rant here (or post pictures of cats) thats cool... welcome to the party.

If you want to talk to Samsung, you should probably contact them directly.

Upvote 0
Maybe so but I still love my kitty cats:D

My Siamese takes selfies. I send them to the kid in UK. Meez was her cat first.

I've also rooted every Samsung phone I owned. I don't need all the extra stuff. When Nokia started using the same type of app as KIES to manage communication between PC and phone, it was time to leave.

Some of my requirements goe back to Photoshop on Windows when it first came out. PS would use the hard drive as a swap file, so the more room you had on the HD, the better Photoshop ran. I still want the speed and RAM.

I updated iBird Pro yesterday and had to redownload the database as you don't always have a connection when you go birding. How about it taking almost a half hour over 5G wifi?

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
My Siamese takes selfies. I send them to the kid in UK. Meez was her cat first.

I've also rooted every Samsung phone I owned. I don't need all the extra stuff. When Nokia started using the same type of app as KIES to manage communication between PC and phone, it was time to leave.

Some of my requirements goe back to Photoshop on Windows when it first came out. PS would use the hard drive as a swap file, so the more room you had on the HD, the better Photoshop ran. I still want the speed and RAM.

I updated iBird Pro yesterday and had to redownload the database as you don't always have a connection when you go birding. How about it taking almost a half hour over 5G wifi?

Aww I really didn't notice that cute kitty cat Avatar but I had a cat that look like that when I was a bit younger. A matter of fact I've had cats my whole life, but even though I like dogs I prefer cats as my indoor companion and a puppy dog as my outdoor companion. Because some reason cats are just horrible at barking at Intruders ☺

Last edited:
Reactions: zuben el genub
Upvote 0
I'm glad that you post that because that's a deal-breaker having a 5G connection and it's taking that long.
That's a damn big database. It covers all US birds, with pictures, maps and sound recordings of their calls.
Astronomy databases can also be huge. There are addons or apps to track anything. Satellites, Comets, Minor Planets, you name it. There are also a couple of star catalogs. Depending on your scope and usage, you might just want more than one.

At least iBird will not use your carrier data unless you tell it to. It demands wifi. Some apps don't bother with that courtesy.

I put up with it as I bought the phone for these apps.

Upvote 0
Aww I really didn't notice that cute kitty cat Avatar but I had a cat that look like that when I was a bit younger. A matter of fact I've had cats my whole life, but even though I like dogs I prefer cats as my indoor companion and a puppy dog as my outdoor companion.

That's my Snowshoe. A Snowshoe is a cross between an American Shorthair and a Siamese. I liked the moustache. Plus she bit me. I've always gotten along well with cats that nipped on first meeting. The Meez hissed. Now it can be 100 degrees out and she's a lap cat. Snowshoe's nickname is Smirky Turkey

snowshoe smirk.jpg

Upvote 0
That's a damn big database. It covers all US birds, with pictures, maps and sound recordings of their calls.
Astronomy databases can also be huge. There are addons or apps to track anything. Satellites, Comets, Minor Planets, you name it. There are also a couple of star catalogs. Depending on your scope and usage, you might just want more than one.

At least iBird will not use your carrier data unless you tell it to. It demands wifi. Some apps don't bother with that courtesy.

I put up with it as I bought the phone for these apps.

So it's like an Aviary encyclopedia right?

Upvote 0
Why did you remove individual SMS ringtones in the last update (01/06/2018)?
Do you not understand the efficiency of being able identify the sms sender by their individual ringtone?
Have you hidden it somewhere other than the CONTACTS information page?
A little common sense in your program would be a good thing.

Samsung Never Again

I don't have the option on the One Plus 5, however I was able to assign different ringtones on the Moto XPRE. I use Ringdroid to put the different ones on now. It seems to work.

Reactions: KBU2 and psionandy
Upvote 0
Good alternative to Audubon Birds. Audubon is now free, but they want an email address to pester you with ads. iBird is not free.
I bought Audubon when they charged 9.99 for it. I feel like I can ignore whatever they want.

You and I both know it wouldn't be right into they added their BS to a seemingly quiet an interesting Hobby but the back end of it, is a privacy data mining entity that feeds off your general interest.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones