• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do all IPHONE owners have to fight with me constantly ?

All I hear is "it will never be an iphone"
"it will never be as fast as an iphone"
"it will never be as responsive as an iphone"
"it will never be as smooth and quick as an iphone"
"it will never have a better battery than the iphone"

It's almost like these iphone users are literally still connected to Steve Job's ass as they speak and defend their precious little toy.

I'm trying to give them concrete facts, and all i get is vomiting of the mouth.

I said this.

Iphone can't change batteries.
Iphone has no expandable storage
Iphone does not have 8.2mp camera
Iphone does not have google maps navigation
Iphone battery is not as good as everyone thinks.

and I get back

You don't need expandable storage, apple gave you all you need.
YOu dont need to take out the battery, it's a great battery and you dont need to keep upgrading your batteries so you can use the phone.
You don't need an 8.2mp camera , its pointless.

I hate when my arguments fall on deaf ears because of their love of Apple. So because your IPHONE does NOT have expandable storage, that's a good thing? Just because you have 32 gig, you're going to tell me that you dont NEED expandable storage? and then actually have the balls to say, well apple didnt give us expandable storage cause we dont need it, we buy the gigs we want and we're happy with it.

Then they say they dont need to remove the battery, it's perfect, it keeps a great charge, and by the time the battery is dead, they'll be a new iphone out.

Why is it that when i argue with them, i have concrete facts, but their facts are simply opinions, they are just trying to defend the short-comings of the phone and say the incredible is garbage and will never be as good as an iPhone.

On paper, the Dinc blows the iphone away, in reality, yes the UI and functionality of the Iphone is better, but I feel that i can never argue with an Apple head because everything they say is right, and everything else is garbage. I've given up, i'm done arguing with someone that says, you're phone will never be the iPhone. I dont need to argue about a phone like a 2 year old, what I will do, is ask for support from my Droid friends ,lol.
And what i will do , is VENT on here, and hopefully you guys will give me good points and facts to shut these idiots up at my workplace.

I'm leaving work now, i'm done listening to them tell me how good their phone is and how i wasted my money and should have went to ATT and got the iphone. Even though they drop 10 calls a day, the iPhone is still from the "gods" I'm so done with this. :thinking::eek::):(:rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:

I was told my phone was an iclone. And when I told them that it multitasks, has a background, has widgets, etc. I was told that was a perfect example of an iclone. Then I was told in the summer that the iphone would be 4g's of greatness. That was all over facebook.

When I hung out with these people later that week, both guys said they didn't want to see it and when I showed them what it could do they said they wouldn't want that anyways. However, when the one very stubborn iphone fanboy walked away, the other one started telling me about the problems he has with his iphone going from work to home and locking up. He is the one that called my phone an iclone lol.

These people don't want to hear that something better may have just come along! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
as a former iphone owner i completely agree with all your points which why I'm a new and very happy Htc Incredible owner now and i can it its already better then the iphone apple people are brainwashed, it was apple policies which made me move to android after a few days already found a way to sync my music and new apps that replaced the ones i had on the 3g

Upvote 0
People get VERY attached to their Brands... Phone loyalty is becoming as bad as car loyalty.

Had a uncle in the 80's SWORE by their Toyota camray, Over the 6 years they had it. It had 3 transmissions, an engine, and broken down and left them sit like 5-6 times...

Personally I wouldn't call that reliable :p

I have a friend right now, is same way with OSX and Windows... "windows is completely unusable... blah,blah,blah" Of course he's comparing his shiny new Macpro to a 6yr old xp laptop he bought 2nd hand... He's never EVEN seen Windows 7(not that its perfect), but comparing a TEN year old operating system on a 6yr old pc to a brand new laptop isn't a fair comparison...

Upvote 0
I want to relax and have a beer but they would rather fight all day and night. mind u its not just the iPhone, its Apple in general. if they hear someone say "my browser froze " they run over and say get a MAC . if u had a MAC u wouldn't have those issues. its so annoying. the minute I mention the crappy ATT network they dismiss that immediately and say ATT is great. don't get me wrong. I think the iPhone is amazing. but the Apple heads make me want to avoid Apple for life.

Upvote 0
I want to relax and have a beer but they would rather fight all day and night. mind u its not just the iPhone, its Apple in general. if they hear someone say "my browser froze " they run over and say get a MAC . if u had a MAC u wouldn't have those issues. its so annoying. the minute I mention the crappy ATT network they dismiss that immediately and say ATT is great. don't get me wrong. I think the iPhone is amazing. but the Apple heads make me want to avoid Apple for life.
Well.....I'm gonna have a beer for you (right now), CHEERS!

Upvote 0
The only thing that keeps the iphone alive is the app store. The UI runs smooth but it's boring. Who want's pages full of just icons? One of my co-workers had a jail broken iphone and was so proud he had "live wallpapers" So I said does your live wallpapers react to the touch like this and I touched my screen and he said "uh..uh..there must be a setting somewhere around here..." and I replied "yeah there must be an app for that" and chuckled.:D

Upvote 0
I purchased an iPhone 3g in Feb 09 and a 3gs in June of 09. I went to Android in Nov 09 when they came to Verizon. I tried the Droid but ended up with the Eris. Yes the Eris was slower then my 3gs, but I had coverage an advanced notification system, multitasking, and widgets!
Now with the Incredible I have speed, more memory, more storage, smoother operation, multitasking, a great notification system, much improved camera (good enough that I can leave my DSLR behind sometimes), and a phone that doesn't need root to be Incredible (pun intended).
My and a co-worker both got the Incredible and every iPhone owner in our workplace is jealous. In the end, the iPhone is not a bad phone. If someone likes it, let them like it. You have and like your Incredible as I do. No reason to get into a "mine is bigger than yours" argument over it.
As someone mentioned earlier, the iPhone does well with kids and grandmas. It's easy and intuitive. Android is so customizable and offers so many choices that I think many people are turned off by that level of functionality. For others this is the strength of Android and in the end it's personal preference.

Upvote 0
in reality, yes the UI and functionality of the Iphone is better

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. It was made in the CNet battle video as well, and I just don't understand it. Just because it's more simplistic doesn't make it better, in fact, I think it's the opposite. The fact that I can customize my experience makes all other smartphone OS's inherently better than the iPhone.

Upvote 0
Simply put, the iPhone was THE phone for a while, and owners of it got really wrapped up in the notion that they had the best product on the market. That hasn't been the case for some time (in my opinion the iPhone is still top five, but certainly not #1), and I think a lot of them are all pissy about it.

I'm not even sure I'd call the Inc #1, but it's definitely superior to the iPhone.

Upvote 0
To the OP...

The fact that this even bothers you or that you're even willing to entertain these arguments is quite comical to me. There are pros and cons to both phones and operating systems.

To me it's like arguing religion or politics. You're not going to sway people and they're not going to sway you, so why let it get to you?

Reactions: Napoleon_PhoneApart
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones