• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do all IPHONE owners have to fight with me constantly ?

"it's a great battery and you dont need to keep upgrading your batteries so you can use the phone."

Yeah, but at least when the battery goes bad, you don't have to go and get a new phone or pay half again the price of the phone to replace a battery under warranty.
iPhones are kinda like the current car industry, there's almost nothing the end user can do to them if there's a problem and if they try to they void the warranty.

Upvote 0
My friend has an iPhone, and he absolutely loves it (of course). He does admit that these new Android phones are good competition and may be better than his, but says that once the next iPhone comes out, it will be the best thing out there. I try to tell him that essentially, there will be NOTHING new or special about the new iPhone. It will be able to somewhat multitask (like other phones have been able to do for years), have a custom background (woah no way!), and most likely have a front facing camera (Evo will have one too; and really, how much use is one gonna get out of it?). Other than that, still the boring page after page of icons. No widgets, no flash support, closed developer market.

Sorry for the rant, just looking for SOMEBODY to understand my points :D

Reactions: vzwuser76
Upvote 0
Im going out on a limb here and I am going to say that I really feel that the windows 7 phone series or whatever its called is going to be better than the iphone OS at least until os4 comes out then I think it may still be behind. They made a good simple product that had a lot of cool features but even windows mobile had tons of cool apps long before the iphone was even around. Im glad microsoft is starting to put out some goodd products. This can only benefit us in the future and as a tech geek I think this is a fantastic time to be alive....

Oh and Steve Jobs lives on the souls of dead babies...

Upvote 0
Oh btw I can't wait to see what happens with the Apple patent lawsuits on Android.
the only scary thing about that... is that Apple got those patents. Have you read them? Most of them are stupid - but they were granted. It's pretty much up to a judge, and that's scary. The only thing is... It's up to a judge. And then the appeal's judge... And then then next appeals judge. And so on.

Upvote 0
the only scary thing about that... is that Apple got those patents. Have you read them? Most of them are stupid - but they were granted. It's pretty much up to a judge, and that's scary. The only thing is... It's up to a judge. And then the appeal's judge... And then then next appeals judge. And so on.

QTF - Let's hope the judges are with Verizon.

Patents are easy to get, and in the technology realm, most of them are ridiculous considering everyone eventually copies each other anyways.

It increases competition and is great for the end user. Even apple users want this to be lost if they want their iphones to get better.

Apple would love to create a Microsoft like Monopoly - it's all about greed and I'm sure Steve Jobs is just irate by the fact that he created technology that another company 1 uped him on.

Upvote 0
iPhone is a status thing, and anyone who tells them their "status" symbol is a P.O.S. is obviously tabu...

To be honest I was an iPhone toting Steve Jobs worshiper and now I worship Android (open linux os)... lol

I am so glad I have the HTC Inc and Android.

My iPhone's battery would only last me 4 hours with a full charge: so- the simple fact that I could not replace the battery without a soldering kid and special tools means iPhone is lacking in terms of usefulness.

Upvote 0
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Apple_ThinkDifferent.jpg
424748.jpg

Upvote 0
All I hear is "it will never be an iphone"
"it will never be as fast as an iphone"
"it will never be as responsive as an iphone"
"it will never be as smooth and quick as an iphone"
"it will never have a better battery than the iphone"

It's almost like these iphone users are literally still connected to Steve Job's ass as they speak and defend their precious little toy.

I'm trying to give them concrete facts, and all i get is vomiting of the mouth.

I said this.

Iphone can't change batteries.
Iphone has no expandable storage
Iphone does not have 8.2mp camera
Iphone does not have google maps navigation
Iphone battery is not as good as everyone thinks.

and I get back

You don't need expandable storage, apple gave you all you need.
YOu dont need to take out the battery, it's a great battery and you dont need to keep upgrading your batteries so you can use the phone.
You don't need an 8.2mp camera , its pointless.

I hate when my arguments fall on deaf ears because of their love of Apple. So because your IPHONE does NOT have expandable storage, that's a good thing? Just because you have 32 gig, you're going to tell me that you dont NEED expandable storage? and then actually have the balls to say, well apple didnt give us expandable storage cause we dont need it, we buy the gigs we want and we're happy with it.

Then they say they dont need to remove the battery, it's perfect, it keeps a great charge, and by the time the battery is dead, they'll be a new iphone out.

Why is it that when i argue with them, i have concrete facts, but their facts are simply opinions, they are just trying to defend the short-comings of the phone and say the incredible is garbage and will never be as good as an iPhone.

On paper, the Dinc blows the iphone away, in reality, yes the UI and functionality of the Iphone is better, but I feel that i can never argue with an Apple head because everything they say is right, and everything else is garbage. I've given up, i'm done arguing with someone that says, you're phone will never be the iPhone. I dont need to argue about a phone like a 2 year old, what I will do, is ask for support from my Droid friends ,lol.
And what i will do , is VENT on here, and hopefully you guys will give me good points and facts to shut these idiots up at my workplace.

I'm leaving work now, i'm done listening to them tell me how good their phone is and how i wasted my money and should have went to ATT and got the iphone. Even though they drop 10 calls a day, the iPhone is still from the "gods" I'm so done with this. :thinking::eek::):(:rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:

Yeah, when I told a friend I was going to get the HTC Incredible they replied with. "Why don't you just wait for Verizon to get the iPhone?" And I replied with "Because I hate Apple's proprietary ways." They let it go pretty quick.

But I hate it when people say you don't need something when it comes to technology. You really don't 'need' thousands of apps or pretty much 90% of what smartphones come with these days. But we buy them because those things are nice to have.

Why spend $250+ for an iPhone when you can get an Android phone thats much better for less than $200?

In my opinion people that buy Apple products are living with their head up their @$$.

Upvote 0
A few of my best friends have the I-Phone and I-Too have wanted one...waiting for it to be released on VZW (Which again, today, Engadget says this summer)...But in reality, I think the HTC Inc pretty much matches the I-Phone in usuability and cool factor. And for the I-Attitude, I turn it back...when their battery runs low, I say switch it out (oh, wait, they can't)...when you travel, tether it for your laptop modem (oh, they can't), ask them to go to a flash website (oh, wait, they can't).... there are many comebacks to their attitude if you think about it.

Now, if only the signal WAS stronger and the incoming voice on the phone sounded BETTER...the HTC-I ... would be darn near perfect.

Upvote 0
I've been fiddling with computers since the 90s. I remember 8088s. I remember when a 286 with a CGA card was awesome. I remember the issues when switched from EGA to VGA and how 16 colors on one wasn't as good as the 16 colors on the other. I especially remember when Mac tried to make a come back into the home computer market.

It isn't that Apple makes a bad product or that they are inferior in anyway. Especially now. Macs are just as capable as a PC today and since they switched to the Intel chips are actually not horrible to deal with. Even the iMac pieces of crap are passable these days. The problem though, is that Apple lets people believe things that are absolute fantasy. Macs never crash, you don't need Flash, Microsoft and Google are evil, Macs did it better, faster and first. These sorts of outrageous claims are why people march in circles around Steve Jobs and defend him to the death.

I have had intelligent friends, one especially (he worked in Tech support for Verizon), convinced that Apple was the only company in the US "making progress". He actually believed that the iPod was the best thing ever. He refused to believe that a Creative Zen (my personal favorite) or a Microsoft Zune could do anything like what the iPod could. I built this guy a computer with a quad core CPU, running SLI video cards, with lightning fast Raptor drives... and he went and got an iMac. Granted it's one of those fancy 25 or 26 inch ones, but still. It is the brainwashing and control that they have over people with purchasing power that needs to be broken.

If I want to use a Mac all I have to do is build a PC with the proper board and chipset. Then I can dual boot Mac and Windows, that way I can actually use my PC for something, other than taking stupid pictures and editing them for MySpace.

Upvote 0
OK... so which is it????

You see, I can't just put Mac on any old system. I'd have to build a PC with the specific support boards and chipsets to get it to work. While Mac now makes a decent product, that doesn't mean I want to use it, really. But I COULD, if I ever felt the need to use the Mac OS, do so. These days that is the only real distinction, since Macs left PowerPC and game consoles picked up the platform the whole world is upside down.

iMacs are still crap, but just not for the same reason they used to be. They've upgraded to quality components, but forgot that their OS should move forward in innovation as well.

It all comes down to this. I could run Mac OSX on a PC that costs a fraction of the price than what you would pay for a Mac. I can then take that PC somewhere, have someone paint an fruit on it and noone would ever know the difference. Hell, for the amount I'd save doing this I'd just buy another and sell it for the price of a Mac to a fanboi.

Upvote 0
Not only do Iphone people defend their phone vigorously, they also hate any talk of their phone also becoming available on Verizon. As if somehow that ruins their little exclusive club, even though they can still have their phone. I don't get it. My guess is they hate the talk of it coming to Verizon because they know the network is more stable, has less dropped calls, and they'd end up being all alone when everyone moves to Verizon for the network and their iphone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones