1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Why do my contact photos show up blurry on a call?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cth95mustang, Jul 20, 2010.

1. cth95mustang

cth95mustang Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    For some reason, when I get a call and the picture of the contact shows up (mainly FB photos), it's all blurry. Anyone know why, or how to fix this?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. jasonh

jasonh Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    I think they're downloaded to the phone at a reduced resolution and then get upsized when displaying on a call....at least that's what it _looks_ like....

3. cth95mustang

cth95mustang Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Yeah, that's what I figured. It just looks dumb. Not that it really matters.

4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I find using contact photos from the Google account work better than the Facebook ones since they are a decent resolution on the caller ID screen.

5. jasonh

jasonh Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    yeah but can you have your google account automatically pull the good photos from facebook?

6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I use a vanilla Android ROM, so there is no Facebook integration. I have no choice but to do it manually. :D

Fortunately I only have 40 or so contacts.

7. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    IT Manager
    Rocky Mount, NC
    I was going to start a topic about the same issue so I'm glad it's not just me. It's not like it matters but I hate the fact that the pics show up so blurry. I don't have a Facebook account *gasp* and it does this with picutes I've either taken with the phone camera, or pics that were taken with a digital camera then transferred to the phone via USB cable. Any way to make the picture show up clearly?

8. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    IT Manager
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Someone said to turn off Google Sync... that stinks if that's what fixes it, as having your contacts backed up like that is a nice feature. I wonder if you can turn off syncing the pictures....