• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Why Do My Earbuds Not Fit My Jack On My S9?

Hello all! I just got myself a used S9 through my new provider recently (as in a few weeks ago, and it's a joy of a phone so far. But...the Samsung brand earbuds that fit the jack of my previous phone--a LG X-Charge--don't fit the input jack. As far as I know, it's a standard 3.5mm jack, as was the previous phone, but the earbuds' input simply slides in and doesn't grip or stay plugged in, and it won't connect properly. Is it a matter of jack size, or...? I'm puzzled, and I'd appreciate some input. Thanks, y'all!

Hmm, the phone was in this side of new condition when I bought it, so I'm uncertain about the jack being worn out just yet? Would a set of wireless earbuds make a difference, here, do y'all think?
thats all i ever use. so the fact the my note 10+ does not have a jack does not affect me. my samsung buds works great for me. i'm not an audiophile like some folks here so it works for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt and olbriar
Upvote 0
Hmm, the phone was in this side of new condition when I bought it, so I'm uncertain about the jack being worn out just yet? Would a set of wireless earbuds make a difference, here, do y'all think?

What you're describing, it sounds like the headphone jack is shot. You could either get it repaired, or use wireless headphones.

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones