1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Why do only some facebook contacts sync?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jxr94, Jun 18, 2010.

1. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Only some of my contacts sync and the others just don't.

Advertisement

2. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    At least some of your contacts sync, only one of mine does regularly, I have to delete and readd my Facebook acct for Sense... using 2.0d by the way.

3. Facebook will only sync automatically to a contact if they have their mobile number posted on their profile. You have to sync anyone that doesn't post their number on their profile manually by going to people> clicking said person> then click the circle link tab> then link facebook profile> search your facebook friends> link. Hope that helps.

4. Cuso

Cuso Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Industrial Mech.
    FL
    Yes its a very convenient pain in the ass... it will actually make you reconsider some friends though. Lol

5. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Skip Trace Investigator
    Loveland, Colorado
    Try using Facebook Sync. You can get it from the market. I use it and it works great for me.

Sent from Jonathan's Hero using Taptalk Pro.

6. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    BAMF
    Texas
    In all honesty, I got tired of all the Facebook integration and unlinked my fb account from my phone. I can still get whatever I need from the app or mobile site.

7. I Just like that my contacts show their FB picture in my people list instead of having to add their pictures one by one from my phone.

8. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    BAMF
    Texas
    I liked that a lot too but it made my people app lag an half the people's status updates it showed were from an entirely different person. Also I hated having all my fb friends as contacts.

9. I've had a status update from my mom as someone else's status for like a week, and the person who it is doesn't even have a facebook. I just ignore it, plus i don't really go into my "people" much. When i'm texting i do quick compose, and when i'm calling people i do the quick dial from the phone menu

Tags: