• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do people get so defensive when...

We complain about the issues where having with our evo? The first thing they do is catch a attitude and say "take it back". It's very well known that evo is a bit buggy, we jus wanna let the world know of the issues our particular device is having to compare with yours. We not tring to bash our evo, we love our evo ok?? Lls so calm down, it ain't that serious

It's mostly when people come on a forum and scream that everyone has their problem and that it's a crime against nature. You see much different responses when someone just makes a post saying they have a problem and asking if there is a fix or if anyone else has it.

It gets kind of tiring reading about how a manufacturer or service provider intentionally is trying to trick or rip you off. I don't know what industry most of these people work in but just about every company really wants to do a good job. So far I'm very happy with my purchase and if I wasn't, I'd try to resolve it or move on. Sprint and HTC didn't require that I buy this phone.

The thing I don't like on the other side is that when people come on a forum looking for help, many times they are called Trolls. Sure, there is trolling going on but give people the benefit of the doubt. Trolls will expose themselves anyway and all it does is make the name callers look like idiots.

Upvote 0
It's mostly when people come on a forum and scream that everyone has their problem and that it's a crime against nature. You see much different responses when someone just makes a post saying they have a problem and asking if there is a fix or if anyone else has it.

This. If your first post is "OMGZ!! ALL EVOS EVERYWHERE ARE FLAWED!!!ONEONE!!!ELEVENTY!!!" you're going to get a completely different response then if you posted asking for help with a problem you're having with your EVO, and that goes for any other phone or anything really.

Upvote 0
...Include the fact that a lot of users on here are OCD or overly anal, you have all these complaints.

And I think a lot of people have stepped out of their comfort zone and bought what they think is an "expensive" phone. I have seen the..."I spent a lot of money on this phone and expect it to be perfect"...comments here also.

Well, my friends, take a gander at the BMW and Mercedes forums that are on the internet, and let me know how "perfect" those "expensive" cars are.

Reactions: ballr4lyf
Upvote 0
When people make the decision to purchase something, the more effort they put into the decision process, the more mentally invested they are in the purchase. When some new piece of info comes out afterwords that may make their purchase seem less intelligent, they ignore or diminish the data or simply disparage the person giving said data. It's pure psychology and it is the root of fanboyism.

Some people simply don't get as invested in this purchase as others and are able to remain more impartial.

Upvote 0
What I hate the most about people making these type of complaints when they say these things:

1. Comparing the EVO to the iPhone, and saying they will return EVO and get the iPhone. It's like the iPhone is the most perfect design smartphone in history of all smartphones. No flaws whatsoever, everything works to perfection, and has absolutely everything a consumer can ask for a piece of technology......and I mean.....EVERYTHING.

2. When someone says that they will return EVO because of battery lasts XXX hours, and here we go again, the iPhone is the greatest and most durable of all smartphones. 72 straight hours of heavy games, internet, video, and making calls and still 70% battery left.

3. When someone says they will return EVO because they need to have graphics at the same level or better than a 1080p blu ray disc when watching a movie in the phone, play flawlessly at the same level from a PS3/XBox 360 console, take pictures and video at the level from a Nikon camera used from those CSI episodes.

All of this for only $199.99 with a 2-year phone contract.....

Oh yeah.....That's what people want.

And obviously, all of this can be found on the iPhone 4 according to all of these people.

Reactions: ballr4lyf
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure that most of us that try to help, are tired of the fact that we offer help, and then are told "that's not how it worked on my old iTurd (well, no sh!t, Sherlock! You think of that one all by yourself?)... The Evo's junk!!! You're a douche for accepting anything less!" :eek:

Ok, maybe a little bit of an exaggeration, but not far off the point there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is what happened way to much in the beginning, and still happens now. We're just tired of it.

If you have a problem with screen separation, light leakage, the 30fps cap, or grounding issues, then take the phone back. You don't need to make a post about it--that horse is already dead, QUIT BEATING IT! If you have something new to add to the conversation, we'll listen. Until then, we're tired of the "EVO SUXORZ!!!" threads that are a re-hash of the same old sh**!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones