1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Why do so many ppl have problems with the mopho

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gogators1974, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Gogators1974

None

Sep 8, 2011
    I do not understand why all these ppl are having problems with the mopho... Ive haven't had one problem.... And I've had this phone sence July 20. I've had 5 updates and not one problem... Some of you ppl need to be careful what apps yall download and check ur settings or something

Advertisement

BUSTOS82 and Jay47 like this.
  2. rapidturtle

rapidturtle Newbie
    None

Dec 4, 2010
    I agree. I've had the phone for 1 month, and haven't had a problem. The screen is great, the call quality is awesome, and any app that I download, runs without a problem.

rino187 likes this.
  3. scanman

scanman Well-Known Member
    None

May 8, 2010
    CMM Programmer
    Milwaukee, Wi
    I have had the phone since August and not really had any major problems. I have had some minor glitches but nothing show stopping like some of the folks here. Sheesh.

...Oh yeah, and I love my MO-PHO!!!!

4. Draiko

Draiko Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    There supposedly were a few batches of MoPhos with bad power control components that randomly caused reboots.

That's just what I've heard.

5. jazzdroid

jazzdroid Lurker
    None

Nov 14, 2009
    NYC
    I agree...no problems here. I think the Sprint service has something to do with it depending on where you live.

6. CoachEVO

CoachEVO Well-Known Member
    None

May 14, 2010
    Teacher/Coach
    Illinois
    Agreed on all points. This is the best phone I've owned. I wonder if some of the problem isn't related to all of the apps, changes, etc that people get involved with. Certainly there are some "bad" ones, of any sort, out there, but WOW!

7. wubbie075

wubbie075 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 31, 2010
    Really?

Your phone works perfectly, therefore, if anyone else's doesn't, they must have screwed it up somehow?? Nice logic.

I am glad you got lucky with yours, I really am. I am one of the people who have had serious issues. I have issues with bad reception that I never had with my Evo. I had major lag issues at times. Every now and then, my keyboard just wouldn't work. There were many other problems of varying frequency and severity.

I had the phone replaced with no success. Finally, after all the updates, for the most part my phone works fine. Unfortunately, my early experience with this phone left such a bad taste in my mouth that I just cannot bring myself to truly enjoy it.

With the Evo, I was in your position. I had my launch day Evo until I "upgraded" to the photon with no major issues whatsoever. I saw all the complaints that people had with theirs. I would think "that's a shame. my device is fantastic". Never once did I think "haha morons!! way to go screwing up your phones!!"

djmiked likes this.
  8. zombdroid

zombdroid Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Search for Brains
    Raccoon City
    This is my fifth smartphone and my first Motorola...had HTCs and Samsungs. By far, this is the most stable, best reception, least issues I have ever had with a phone.

Now to the good stuff. Sleek design, smoking fast dual processors, more internal storage that I will ever need for the 41 apps I have downloaded and the longest lasting battery I ever had in a smartphone.

The title of this thread is "Why do so many ppl have problems with the mopho". I don't think they do. I see no evidence on this site or any other forum that indicates more than an average amount of users have issues with this phone.

I went through 2 EVO 3Ds before I switched to the MoPho. When I realized the 3D was not for me, I simply moved on.

9. Gogators1974

None

Sep 8, 2011
    Dude are you serious... You need to read all the threads

10. msierra519

msierra519 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 9, 2010
    IT Security
    South Florida

i must have gotten a few of those bad batches..the first photon, the screen was unresponsive to the touch, and this one i currently have, keeps rebooting for no reason..i have friends that got this phone when it first came out and have never had 1 problem. must be the new batches.

11. Gogators1974

None

Sep 8, 2011
  12. msierra519

None

Mar 9, 2010
    IT Security
    South Florida
    how do you do a hard reset on this phone?

13. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    Male
    FL
    First off, I had this phone for a bit, and to me it is far from smoking fast, as a matter of fact I found it rather laggy, keep in mind I also had the E3d, which to me was a lot faster, especially when going through gmail and the android market, gmails sometimes took 3-4 seconds to open, where the evo 3d was almost instant. I will say it is the best voice phone I have ever used since the razr 2 v 8. The reception is excellent, and has an amazing feel in the hand, but the camera to me was poor with little options, and the screen can get grainy. If you can move past those things, it is one of sprints best

14. Gogators1974

None

Sep 8, 2011
    OK go to settings and then privacy and factory reset...then after ya do that and set up ur gmail.. And when the hm screen comes on do a profile update then prl update then after ur done turn phone off and turn back on

15. Gogators1974

None

Sep 8, 2011
    Look in not trying to be an ass but everyother post there is someone who has problems with everyother thing with this phone. If ya don't download a 100 apps and not always messing with settings this phone is the best. It's faster than the evo and evo3d. I've had both. And I live in a 1x coverage area. Please talk about pic quality is sucky. Are ya serious. Ppl need to learn how to take pics inside an outside. There are settings on the camera part. And the screen quality is far better then the evo and 3d. And don't use screen protectors. I've just yesterday put it up to the piece of junk razr( don't ya want a phone were the battery can't be pulled lol) and next to the bionic and the mopho screen is was better. My opinion is that ppl do not like sprint and expected this phone to do everything from wipe ur butt to Drive ur car. But like I said not trying to be an ass but i've had 5 updates and had this phone from July 20 and not one problem and I use this just like a bb. 7email accounts and I've also been to Canada and London and it was like a charm. Best Android phone i've ever had and I've had 7.

16. apinkel

apinkel Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Yeah, that was my thoughts when I read the thread.

I think there were a higher then normal number of folks reporting randon resets (seems to be a common issue with tegra 2 phones), but outside of that I don't think the number of people with issues is any higher then any other current gen high end smartphones.

17. msierra519

None

Mar 9, 2010
    IT Security
    South Florida
    hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion..i think this phone is great!! the reception is amazing compared to the Hero, Shift, and Nexus S that i had. in all fairness, people are complaining because this thread is called "why do so many ppl have problems with the mopho"

NightAngel79 likes this.
  18. brushrop03

brushrop03 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Student
    Nashville, TN
    I think the Galaxy S2 is much better. I've only had it for a couple of days, but it seems very stable and the battery life is amazing. I've had issues with Moto when I first got it and after this last update.

19. wubbie075

wubbie075 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 31, 2010
    I'm still having trouble understanding your point.

Between this post and your OP what you seem to be saying is, if I intend to use my phone for anything other than making calls and reading e-mails I should expect problems and whatever happens is just my own fault?

Also, for the record, I'm pretty sure I'm not one of the people who "do not like sprint" considering I've been with them for about 15 years.

20. Equalizir

Equalizir Newbie
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    Im with you man. I get random reboots, my phone freezes and I have to pull the battery just to get it to work. My wife has a Photon also and she has a problem on some calls where the sound goes mute and she cant hear the person on the other line. I think a lot of the people that post that there phone is working great are kids. Trust me, once there phone starts to crap out they'll be the biggest whiners.

21. zombdroid

zombdroid Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Search for Brains
    Raccoon City
    That is some of the funniest sh!t I have read in a long time!

22. tenyc424

tenyc424 Newbie
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    Don't be mad because you don't know how to work your phone. No need to bash or call people names. This forum was created to help. I guess your too proud to ask these so called "kids" for help. If your having problems then ask for help or go to moto or sprint and complain. You sound more like a "kid" than an adult. Grow up man.

23. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Just as a reminder folks, the #1 rule here at Android Forums is to treat others with respect! You are welcome to say what you think but please do it in a constructive and positive way. If you disagree with something that is said, please attack the issue... not the individual!

http://androidforums.com/introductions/704-site-rules-guidelines.html

Thanks for your continued support of the Android Forums! :cool:

waterwalk, twospirits, Frisco and 2 others like this.
  24. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    IT Administrator
    Northern Ky

And along with what my good friend martimus said, this is a phone forum. For the most part people ONLY come here when their phone has issues. There probably are hundreds of thousands of people that have NO issues with their phone and have no reason to come here. The ones that do come with issues deserve to not be told they are doing something wrong. For the most part half of AndroidForums' 750,000 members came here cause they had a problem.

:)

twospirits, omariscal1019 and Slug like this.
  25. ORD84

ORD84 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    Security Consultant
    SHE-KA-GO
    Other than random problems with the market, which i just push the apps OTA from my home/work cpus i haven't gotten banged up on any of these problems some people have experienced with the MoPho which as my first Sprint device and my second Moto product I'm very pleased...