1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Why do some files NOT show up over MTP?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jkc120, Feb 1, 2012.

1. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    I just finished running TitaniumBackup. When I view the sdcard/TitaniumBackup directory in Astro on my phone, I see 40+ files corresponding to the backups I just made.

Then if I connect the phone to my laptop and browse the phone via MTP, when I go to the TitaniumBackup directory, only 3 files are there. :thinking: :eek:

What gives? How do I get ALL files to show up? Is this some kind of "hide system files" nonsense like windows does? If so, how do I disable it? I want to make a FULL backup of the sdcard prior to installing AOKP. If it's only going to copy some of the files I need a reliable way to backup the internal storage.

Advertisement

2. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    El Dorado Hills, CA
  3. dhworph

dhworph Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2011
    I've had really slow file index builds using droid explorer too, and that uses adb. Usually it works though, sometimes I have to disconnect the usb cable and reconnect it. Especially if it is a newly placed file on the sdcard, it wont show up right away on the computer.

glad you found a solution, I dl'd the app just in case I need it, which I probably will at some point!

Tags: