1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Why do SOME of my photos not show in gallery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ckelly33, May 30, 2011.

1. ckelly33

ckelly33 Android Expert
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    CRNA
    Tennessee
    I've taken several photos and until a few days ago, I've always been able to find all of my pictures using the large HTC photo album icon I have on one of my home screens. Recently I have noticed that some of the pictures I have taken cannot be found using the icon. They can't be found using the Gallery icon in my app drawer either even though I know I have taken the photos (and strangely, since the HTC album widget shows the most recent photo by default, it shows a photo that cannot be found when opening the widget nor can it be found by opening the gallery despite being seen continuously on my widget as my most recent photo!).

First, I checked my camera settings to se where the photos are saved - there is no setting. Finally, today, after losing yet another photo, I got the bright idea to check where my photos went using a file manager (astro) and I looked in the typical DCIM folder....they were there! They still don't show in gallery and I'm not sure why I am having this "hidden photo" issue or how to stop it from happening.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    If your Incredible 2 is anything like the Incredible, the option as to where your photos are stored is in the actual camera settings. When you have the camera app open.. there should be a tab that you can open that has all the camera settings as well as where to folder your shots. My guess is your viewer is looking somewhere for your pictures and the camera is storing them elsewhere. Using astro you can move or copy your pictures into whatever folder your viewer is bringing up. Then make certain your camera settings are set to put future pictures in that folder. Good luck.

3. ckelly33

ckelly33 Android Expert
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    CRNA
    Tennessee
    Using Astro file manager, I find that the photos that I can see are in the same folder as the photos that I cannot see.

Also (as far as I can tell), there is no option to change where the photos from the camera are stored. I know it was there with the DINC1 but I cannot find it anywhere on the DINC2.

Finally, gallery ask what photos to view - camera shots, downloaded photos or all photos. I have it set to 'all photos'.

The only thing that I can think of that may be an issue is that when I upgraded to my DINC2, I copied the DINC1's photos from the card over to the DINC2's. The only reason that I doubt that is the problem is because it doesn't happen with every photo....just some. AND the fact that it only began to happen three weeks in to owning the phone (unless I didn't notice for three weeks).

4. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2010
    I don't think the problem is due to the fact that you copied them from another phone. Even photos I take with my DInc2 do not always show up in the gallery. I haven't found a solid, working solution yet.

5. valorian

valorian Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Northern Illinois
    This happens to me once in a while. When photo's disappear from the gallery I unmount the SD cad, then mount it and the photos show up in the gallery again. A PITA to have to do this but it works.

Michelle58 likes this.
  6. lberger

lberger Lurker
    None

May 12, 2011
    Quality Analyst
    SoCa
    I downloaded the QuickPic app to my Dinc2 and it aways shows all the photos.
    I had the same problem with gallery app on the phone, not showing all the photos.

7. chknhwk

chknhwk Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    I'll have to try that quickpic app on mine as my phone is doing the same thing. I'm using 3d gallery, though. I haven't had an issue with pictures I've taken not showing up but pictures I've downloaded. They appeared after a reboot, however.

8. snarky7

snarky7 Lurker
    None

May 25, 2011
    I have had my DINC2 for just over a week now. Upgraded from DINC due to issues with the old phone. Anyway, I noticed the same picture issue. When I connected to the computer as a drive, I could get to all pix. Then setting it back to charge, I can see them all via the phone again.

As there was no "option" to push all pictures to the SD card, I unmounted and checked it - pix are automatically going to the SD card. SWEET!

Hopefully we figure out the issue, but maybe there are a handful of workarounds in the interim...

9. bucwylde23

bucwylde23 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    Really the best solution is to just use quickpic. It's better than the stock in absolutely every way, and it's free.

am_beagle likes this.