1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why do the A20 screens light up for no reason?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AppleUser, Sep 20, 2020.

1. AppleUser

AppleUser Android Enthusiast

I have two A20 phones, and they work well, EXCEPT in the evening the screen intermittently lights up, wakes up, or whatever phrase is appropriate. There is no notification icon giving a reason.

This is so annoying at night and if the phones are in my shirt pocket(s), that I relocated the phones to my jeans so the lit screen won't be annoying. If it happens during the day, it's not noticeable.

What's happening here and how to cure it? Is there a way to stop the screen from lighting up from notifications and only get a sound?

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

have tried rebooting the phone? maybe put the phone in safe mode and see if it still happens.

3. odatkid

odatkid Well-Known Member

It may be that the screensaver is on. Check in your display settings.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. AppleUser

Thanks. How to do that, and what to do about the result?

5. AppleUser

Thank you. How could it be the screen saver if the phone display is off for five minutes, resting in my shirt pocket, then the screen lights up with no notification icons? What setting in the screen saver could do this?

6. odatkid

odatkid Well-Known Member

Just an uneducated guess. Sorry I was wrong.

Samsung Galaxy A20 (2019) Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A20 (2019) release date was April 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7884 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

April 2019
Release Date
Reviews