• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why Do We Even Have A General Discussion Section Here??

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that 80% of the threads posted in the General section get locked or moved. So why not eliminate the whole section? Once moved or locked its next to impossible to find the moved threads so why waste everyones time? Maybe its time for me to find a different Android forum, this one is getting next to impossible to follow. Have you noticed how long it takes a thread to roll over to the next page here? Has everyone stopped posting because of this or have they left to other Forums. This used to be a very active Forum now everyone seems to have fled.

Really quite simple. Ya ask a question, or make a statement that doesn't have to do with thread you posted it in, it gets moved. A thread being locked is rare, so I have no idea what you're talking about there. As for rolling over to the next thread...totally clueless as to what you're referring to. If a post gets moved, it's immediate. If a thread gets moved, also immediate, because it was posted in the wrong area.

My suggestion, do a little "search" before you post something and make sure it's in the right place or in the right thread.

In other words, no posting, "Why can't I play my video" in the "Where is Froyo" thread. If you have an example of where your post was moved, or where the thread was diverted, post it here. Otherwise, pay attention.

Upvote 0
Really quite simple. Ya ask a question, or make a statement that doesn't have to do with thread you posted it in, it gets moved. A thread being locked is rare, so I have no idea what you're talking about there. As for rolling over to the next thread...totally clueless as to what you're referring to. If a post gets moved, it's immediate. If a thread gets moved, also immediate, because it was posted in the wrong area.

My suggestion, do a little "search" before you post something and make sure it's in the right place or in the right thread.

In other words, no posting, "Why can't I play my video" in the "Where is Froyo" thread. If you have an example of where your post was moved, or where the thread was diverted, post it here. Otherwise, pay attention.

Have you tried using the search function here? Its a joke half the time I get everything but what im looking for. If it worked properly it would make it easier to find topics here indeed.

Upvote 0
The main section is the general section. Keep in mind that it is for general discussion of the Epic only (apps discussion, Sprint discussion, weekend plan discussion, etc will all get moved).

Accessories go in the Accessory Subforum. If you are looking for help, it goes in the Support Subforum. If you found a useful trick or found a new way of doing things, it would go in the Tip Subforum.

This is the way the admin and owner set up the site and as a result, the way that it is run. Yes, threads get locked when they aren't needed or are redundant or flaming. Yes, threads get moved when they are in the wrong section. It's part of how a forum works.

Please note that running and paying for a forum is not free (despite the fact that ALL of the staff has been handpicked and volunteer their time at no cost). The man who pays the bills gets to decide how the site is run. From time to time, they ask for input. In fact, this very topic was brought up for discussion HERE.

Typically when threads are closed, a reason is left. Your best bet, for future knowledge, is to send a PM to the person who closed it or to any of the moderators if you believe it was closed in error or feel the thread should be reopened.

That being said, now that this question is "answered", feel free to PM me to discuss any specific thread(s) you may have questions about.

/thread

Upvote 0
Oh the irony....
Maybe its time for me to find a different Android forum, this one is getting next to impossible to follow.

Also

Due to some issues I have with the management here I have decided to leave this forum for a while. :( Please feel free to e mail me at EMAIL ADDRESSES REMOVED I will be continuing to buy and test every Epic case I can get my hands on and report on them. I will be at Androidcentralforums.com as AndroidXTC. Thanks for all your great P/Ms and keep the pictures coming in, there are so many beautiful ones in that thread already. Remember film is an art and you have a wonderful little camera with you ever single day so use it! ;). Peace..Out... Ross

also

Oh it is too. Try a different Android Forum none of this merging crap goes on there. This Site has gone to hell in the last couple of months and thats a shame it used to be good.

As a reminder, which you obviously didn't get the last 2 times you were banned from this forum, multiple accounts are NOT allowed.

Yes, perhaps it's time you find a different Android forum.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones