1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Why do we have multiple areas for the same phone?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by Mad_Sunday, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Mad_Sunday

Mad_Sunday Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2009
    Process Technician
    Staffordshire, UK
    Can someone please explain why we have seperate areas for phones that are basically the same model. I used to have a Samsung Galaxy "Portal" it is the same phone as the Galaxy "Spica" and the Galaxy "Lite", each of which has its own area on the forum. They all have the same model number (i5700) so surely it makes more sense to put them all together in a Samsung i5700 area so info is accessible to all users and it also saves multiple posts being required to spread news about the device.

I'm now the very proud owner of the "LG 3D" (what a powerful beast it is too) which I see is to be sold in the USA as the "LG Thrill" so more separation/multi posting of information for this new super phone. Why can't we just have an area for the LG P920 instead of the two areas set aside already?

I'm sure there is a good reason for this system, I'm just not seeing what it is! :)

Pete

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Handsets often differ across various markets and carriers, Pete. However I've moved your question to Suggestion Box & Feedback where it will be seen more readily by the admins, so that they can take a look and consider your examples.

Thanks.