• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why Do You Want Froyo?

Why Do You Want Froyo?

• I don't

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Hopefully it will fix the bugs in my 2.1

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • No bugs, 2.2 just looks better, has better features, etc

Votes: 77 75.5%

• Total voters
Flash mainly. Also hoping it unleashes the hardware a bit. Really looking forward to updating all my apps with one "okay-go!". Not expecting magic to happen though.

Flash? I'm on 2.1 and I have flash its sweet going on yahoo and seeing the advertisements
Hahaha hopefully I didn't
Misunderstand what you were saying..but if I have flash and you don't
I wonder why?

I also like using the full desktop version of youtube its very impressive! And youtube widget sucks!

Upvote 0
Flash? I'm on 2.1 and I have flash its sweet going on yahoo and seeing the advertisements
Hahaha hopefully I didn't
Misunderstand what you were saying..but if I have flash and you don't
I wonder why?

I also like using the full desktop version of youtube its very impressive! And youtube widget sucks!

There are different versions of flash. Ads probably use older versions so they play for most people, including those who haven't updated. Most modern video players use a version of flash that there isn't, to my understanding, a mobile codec for just yet.

2.2 is supposed to expand our access to flash media.

Upvote 0
Im looking forward to Samsung keeping their promise of fixing the issues it has. Im looking forward to my phone functioning like it should have 2 months ago.
Even tho it IS STILL BETA: the gps in not fully fixed, no voice dial, and still laggy.

I am liking some of the new enhanced features tho, I just hope they get it right this time!

Upvote 0
For me, hands down, Bluetooth Voice Commands!!!!!!!

But having tasted Froyo on the Captivate from the recent leak, there are many other reasons too. ActiveSynch looks to be fully implemented and much improved, although there is a bug I found when using the native email app for my hosted Exchange account: text in replies and forwards does not show up on the recipient's end, nor does it show up when you look at the sent email in your Sent folder. There are other reasons too, including look and feel, improved market search and market functionality, new GMail app...the list goes on and on.:D

Upvote 0
I want Frito because of the new voice search. I used it in the leak build...bad ass. I also like the push notifications (used Chrome 2 phone). Finally Samsung's Froyo build has some UI and usability changes...such as the new buttons in the pulldown notification bar.

How did you find the voice command feature, myself and MANY others have not been able to figure it out on the Froyo leak.

Upvote 0

I wasn't necessarily "excited" about Froyo, just moreso looking forward to it, but after watching that video I actually am excited. It seems like a huge upgrade to an already pretty kickass phone.

Note: To anyone who's followed my previous shit-talking, this phone is really growing on me. I give it a personal rating of 85%. I still wouldn't recommend it because I'd hate to be blamed by anyone for their sadness (I recommend the Aria if someone wants an AT&T phone) but I am no longer upset with this device at all. I love it! And now I can't wait for Froyo to move in and have kids with me!

Upvote 0
Hmm.. as of this posting, nearly one out of four Captivate users who come to this forum and have responded to the poll are having issues they want addressed by the 2.2 update.

Perhaps many more, if we include those who responded "..Froyo's better features, etc.." but have some bugs which are less important to them than the features of Froyo.

Upvote 0
Hmm.. as of this posting, nearly one out of four Captivate users who come to this forum and have responded to the poll are having issues they want addressed by the 2.2 update.

Perhaps many more, if we include those who responded "..Froyo's better features, etc.." but have some bugs which are less important to them than the features of Froyo.

Such is my case. I chose the "froyo feature" response because generally that is what I am looking forward to (mainly the JIT compilation, mobile hotspot- although I am sure ATT "won't trust us" with that like they don't allow side-loading, and the enhanced text selection), I would still like to see the GPS issue fully addressed...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones