• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why does Inc keep downloading all my POP3 emails?

CFD323

Mar 31, 2010
I have my POP3 Comcast email acct set up on my phone. I have it set to receive all emails and never delete them off the server. When I get emails, I read them on my phone, and then delete the ones I don't want. About every 2 wks or so, I go into my trash folder in the mail app, and delete all the emails that are sitting in trash. Everything's that's trash is gone and I'm happy....until about 30-60 mins later when I go into my inbox and there are 99+ emails waiting to be read...and they're all the emails I had previously deleted from the trash folder! As I re-delete them out of the inbox, it will download another 99 emails until I have cycled through all the emails that I had previously deleted from the trash folder (sometimes it will re-download another 600 emails). WHY THE HELL DOES IT DO THIS????!!!!

Please help me out as it's driving me crazy! I deleted the email acct and added it back, but it does this all the time. The only way it doesn't occur is if I don't ever delete the old emails in the trash folder. Of course, if I don't delete those old emails, I'm using up memory space for crap I don't need.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones