1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Why does Inc keep downloading all my POP3 emails?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CFD323, Nov 6, 2010.

1. CFD323

CFD323 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I have my POP3 Comcast email acct set up on my phone. I have it set to receive all emails and never delete them off the server. When I get emails, I read them on my phone, and then delete the ones I don't want. About every 2 wks or so, I go into my trash folder in the mail app, and delete all the emails that are sitting in trash. Everything's that's trash is gone and I'm happy....until about 30-60 mins later when I go into my inbox and there are 99+ emails waiting to be read...and they're all the emails I had previously deleted from the trash folder! As I re-delete them out of the inbox, it will download another 99 emails until I have cycled through all the emails that I had previously deleted from the trash folder (sometimes it will re-download another 600 emails). WHY THE HELL DOES IT DO THIS????!!!!

Please help me out as it's driving me crazy! I deleted the email acct and added it back, but it does this all the time. The only way it doesn't occur is if I don't ever delete the old emails in the trash folder. Of course, if I don't delete those old emails, I'm using up memory space for crap I don't need.

Advertisement