1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Why does it only ring once now?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by buckhead, Nov 26, 2012.

1. buckhead

buckhead Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Male
    Nestle Purina
    SE Iowa
    I have a stock Triumph that is about a month old. This is my 2nd MT. Had one for about a year before that too.

I just use a pretty basic ringtone. The digital ringtone. All of a sudden the other day it decides to only ring once, and has acted that way ever since. I have changed nothing at all on this phone around that time. I wondered if it could be an app messing with it but don't remember getting any new apps then either.

I have been doing some google searches on this and have read about 10 threads and NONE of them had an answer to it. I would think maybe it's just some setting that got changed but i can't find where that would be.

For now i just changed to a longer ringtone but would love to figure out why this is happening and go back to the basic digital tone i was using before.

Has anyone had this problem and got it figured out?

Advertisement

2. rcsrich

rcsrich Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Proudly working for the Man since 2001
    Virginia, USA
    Don't know why it would have happened all of a sudden, but a simple fix is to make a copy of the ringtone in question and in a sound editor, copy it back on itself several times (basically, make it longer). I remember something similar happened to me when I moved from the OV to the MT and I tried to carry my favorite ringtone over.

Not really a solution, but at least a workaround. :)

3. LoneSnark

LoneSnark Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Some ringtones suck and only play once. My favorite ringtone (Digital phone) only rings once but my second favorite (Bell phone) rings continuously. Try a different ringtone.