1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Why does my @att.net e-mail go into the Trash bin?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RoseRx, Jul 8, 2016.

1. RoseRx

RoseRx Lurker
    None

May 27, 2016
    Male
    I have had my S7 Edge for a month with AT&T as my cell phone carrier and I can't get my @att.net web mail to stay in the Inbox as it invariably goes to the Trash bin. My phone is an unlocked version, not AT&T issued. Is there something that I am doing wrong or is there a glitch in the system that AT&T needs to update?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Solangeburgas

Solangeburgas Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2016
    Male
    If u check your your mails on the web works ok ? Mails in inbox or in trash bin ? I think is a problem with mail account on the web, not the phone.
    Mail from other provider goes to inbox ?
    Eventually check in phone email app settings if there is something in Spam addresses...

3. RoseRx

RoseRx Lurker
    None

May 27, 2016
    Male
    Solange,

Yes, e-mail is find on my pc, but maybe some server setting on my pc is impacting the cell phone receipt of e-mail and my mail is ending up in Trash bin?

Thanks!

4. Solangeburgas

Solangeburgas Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2016
    Male
    How U check yout mail on PC ? On web page or third party application that retrive mails for offline view like Microsoft Outlook ? Is that PC always on ?And what is the frequency for checking mail on phone ? Push or time based checking, and if time based how often ?
    If the server settings on PC is the culprit you have to check these settings and check something like this : " leave a copy on the server" or "do not delete after read"
    The easyest way to check if server settings on PC impacting of this is to delete this mail account on PC and send a test mail to see if comes in inbox on phone.
    U did not tell if u check in phone email app settings if there is something in Spam addresses...If u use default app for mail - Email - More - Settings - Spam Addresses

#4 Solangeburgas, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    jj14x likes this.
  5. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    I second this :)

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.