• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why does my droid 2 not have a '.com' button?

First of all this is purely a guess. The DX and the Incredible both use different keyboards. One by HTC, one by Motorola, so you can't necessarily expect them to offer the same features. The DX keyboard is made for a 4.3 inch screen and therefore has tons of screen real estate to use. Maybe Motorola thought that the .com button took up too much space on a 3.7 inch screen and they got rid of it?

Upvote 0
The Droid X keyboard can't even capitalize the letter I in a sentence. Had to buy Better Keyboard.

Same here, that really bugged me. But I like all the skins for better keyboard too, and the number pad with the arrows is really convenient some times. I am using the oil slick skin right now. It looks great with the REVOlution theme.

Upvote 0
i really like the droid 2 as well, but i'm going to see how the droid x is. this is my first android phone so its a huge upgrade regardless.

the only thing that bugs me is that the screen is really narrow, and it doesnt do HD recording, have a 8 MP camera, and no FM radio.

other than that .. teh thing is sweet

Upvote 0
The problem is you made the wrong choice and got a Droid 2 instead of the superior Droid X.

You do realize that just because you feel that the X is superior doesn't make it so, right?

They have identical internal hardware aside from storage and the camera, neither affect actual device performance. It really comes down to personal preference. I, for example, feel that 3.7" is the best all-around screen size for me, and that 4.3" is just too big to slip into a pocket. So the X is actually a less desirable device.

I'm glad you like your X, but to make claims that it's somehow superior to a practically equal device is borderline fanboy-ish.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones