1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Why does my phone become unresponsive?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dwhip25, Feb 22, 2011.

1. dwhip25

dwhip25 Member
    None

Feb 6, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    2-3 times a day, while doing many different things so I am sure it's not 1 app, my phone will freeze up for 15-30 seconds. Neither the buttons nor the touch screen works. If I wait, it will work again or if I am in the middle of something if I tap the power button and then turn the phone back on it works again. Any thoughts?

Also, why does the sync notification (arrows chasing each other in a circle) appear in the status bar randomly when I am not doing anything or when something is not downloading? Thanks.

Overall, I love this phone. No battery issues whatsoever. Just plug it in at night and I make it from 6AM to 11PM with the battery notification just turning yellow. Good stuff.

Advertisement

2. dhughes710

dhughes710 Newbie
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Centreville, VA
    I have had this occur sometimes when I get a new SMS or MMS message. When i try to enter the message screen the phone seems to lockup and become laggy. The screen will register taps but nothing happens, then when the phone is no longer lagging all the taps and whatever else I hit while the phone was locked up will load.

If you go into settings you can check and see what syncs and when. Some programs are set to sync every so often, while others are set to sync whenever something happens. For example HTC sync seems to sync the weather app a lot especailly if you are driving. Also google will sync when you get new emails or send emails and change any contact information. You can have it set up to sync every hour two hours etc... but I think the deafult is set to push, which means instantly when something changes.

3. dwhip25

dwhip25 Member
    None

Feb 6, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    It actually hasn't happened with texting for me. My screen doesn't register any taps and I have to wait 20 seconds or hit the power button on and off. It's really quite frustrating. Since no one else is dealing with this should I take the phone back and exchange it?