1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why does my phone keep rebooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jordan Jones, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Jordan Jones

Jordan Jones Lurker

Hi folks,

Every time that I attempt to turn on my Y360 Ascend, it only turns on until the Huawei logo and its tune appears before it restarts on a logo. I have attempted to use recovery mode but the phone does the same process of repeating itself.

I also press down the volume button but everything is in chinese with both MMI and PCBA tests with my battery level, at the bottom of the text. I don't know what to press.

Here is a link to an image: https://www.android-hilfe.de/attachments/20151010_183331-jpg.436382/

2. kmhur55

kmhur55 Newbie

Perhaps ur phone Motherboard damaged
    Go to a phone service center.
    Or you could find vids on yt to get rid of this problem.

Once I tried to root my phone with incompatible recovery and failed;infinity rebooting problem had occurred like you, so I went to a service center and they changed my motherboard to new one.

3. kmhur55

kmhur55 Newbie

Or.... you could install custom rom...?

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The phone is in a bootloop. That could be anything from a hardware fault, corruption of the system software, or possibly some messed-up data. Going into recovery and clearing the system cache is the first thing I'd try, if that doesn't work a factory reset, and if that doesn't work reflashing the phone with stock software. If none of those fixes it it's a hardware problem.

You don't say, but did anything happen/did you do anything before this started? If e.g. you were trying to root it then knowing that would help in identifying the cause, and hence possible solutions. If the phone has ever got wet this could be a delayed consequence of that.

As for the Chinese text, maybe @mikedt can tell us what it says?

lunatic59 and mikedt like this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

The Chinese menu is:

Factory mode
    Complete test
    PCBATest
    Hardware equipment
    Accelerometer sensor calibration
    Shutdown

And it looks like typical Mediatek factory test and recovery

Hadron and lunatic59 like this.
  6. Jordan Jones

Jordan Jones Lurker

The recovery mode does nothing but continue the boot loop process, and why I don't know the actual cause, every time that I finally managed to get my phone menu on, it says everything has stopped working including settings and global conf .

Thank you for the translation but does everyone have a translated guide to the factory test for my huawei?

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

It's all diagnostic info and test features in that Chinese menu. What do you actually see if you try things like "PCBA测试"? If necessary post pictures, as I can read Chinese.

I think it could be a faulty logic-board, or possibly the firmware is corrupted.

#7 mikedt, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  8. Jordan Jones

Jordan Jones Lurker

9. Jordan Jones

Jordan Jones Lurker

Are images clear enough for you to understand?
    @mikedt

mikedt likes this.
  10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Pics are clear enough.

PCBA test: fail
    That's not good.

PCBA meaning Printed Circuit Board Assembly, which is the main logic-board. Sounds like it is faulty, and repair or replacement is required.

lunatic59 likes this.
  11. Jordan Jones

Jordan Jones Lurker

Thanks and what does the other information on the pics say?.