• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why does my phone only works the first time?

vajman

Lurker
Sep 14, 2013
S
When I try to make the second call, either by clicking on a contact, either by entering the number I want, when I click "call" is as if I clicked "back", nothing happens . Only the log is displayed again, without registering the number entered. I finished all running processes imagining that some service may be affecting, but not resolved. I have to restart the device each time you wish to make a connection. This started happening after the last update of the OS. I own a Sony Xperia Z (C6603) running Android 4.2.2 (10.31.A.0.244).

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Welcome to Android Forums. I moved your question (thread) to the area (forum) where issues with your phone are discussed.

Did you do a Factory Data Reset after updating to Jelly Bean? It is a pain but is highly recommended whenever doing a major system upgrade.

If your did, since you are on Jelly Bean try running in Safe Mode (disabling all apps you added without uninstalling them) and see if the problem goes away. If it does then it is caused by an app that you added.

... Thom

Upvote 0
In this case I would advise running a repair to reload the firmware as it sounds like something went wrong during the update process:

1. Download the PC Companion software from Download for PC - Sony Smartphones (UK)
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

Upvote 0
Hi, Sony. I will try to explain it again! PLEASE! DO NOT MAKE SOFTWARE! YOU DON'T KNOW DO IT! I had a lot of problems with my Xperia S, but I'm a stupid guy and bought a Xperia Z. Now I have a lot of other problems. The phone application simply do not work. I type a number and click call, and simply no call is made and no registered in log. My Xperia Z are up to date, like said this stupid software called sony bridge. I have reset my phone with NO auto restore. It means I have only default OS and software, and this shit you named smartphone, but is a stupidphone. does not works. Never more I will buy a sony smartphone. Yes. I was a stupid guy, but, differently of you, Sony, I am in a evolution process.

Upvote 0
Slug, the warranty would be useful if it were a hardware problem, which is not. The problem started happening after the last update of the Phone application (version 4.2.2-C93rg). This is just one of many bugs in software from Sony, which should detect the circumstances in which it occurs and provide a version of software that solves the problem. The Sony software is of poor (for not say ridiculous) usability and full of bug (I KNOW THAT! I HAVE WORKED WITH THIS IN THE LAST TWENTY NINE YEARS!). The Sony Bridge is a perfect evidence of this.

Upvote 0
the warranty would be useful if it were a hardware problem, which is not.

I think you'll find that the warranty covers software issues as well.

The problem started happening after the last update of the Phone application (version 4.2.2-C93rg)
If it was a firmware problem then other users would be complaining of the same thing though, which they're not. That's why I suggested that it is most likely a problem with your particular handset.

This is just one of many bugs in software from Sony, which should detect the circumstances in which it occurs and provide a version of software that solves the problem.
I assume that the advice given previously, to do a firmware repair, didn't work? Have you contacted Sony directly?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones