• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why does my storage info list apps2sd space

flyinjoe13

Android Enthusiast
May 18, 2010
I'm not a fran of apps2sd because of what can happen if you remove your sdcard and an app that is needed (like a launcher) is on that sdcard. So when I got my Dinc, I repartitioned and reformated my sdcard so that nothing would accidentally get push to an apps2sd partition. I wanted to use no apps2sd.

When I look at my system info, it lists an a2sd storage amount, which oddly enough coincides with how much space it says I have for system cache. I even removed my sdcard to make sure I didn't do the repartition\reformat incorrectly and it still lists a2sd storage totals.

Where am I going wrong? Where is this partition coming from? How can I eliminate this a2sd space so apps don't get thrown on there without my knowledge? I'm not an app junkie so i'l never fill up my regular sotrage space or need a2sd.

Thanks...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones