• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Why does not developers use my free localization solution?

Help me developers. Our startup team developed a solution which makes localization of android apps free and easy right on the phone moreover our backend can spread completed translations to any other user. Developer only should integrate the SDK with the app, and the app is ready to be translated by anyone. Apps with enough downloads will be translated by the users itself so the developer really does not have to do anything to make the app used globally in native language.

I’m sure it’s quite useful, there is no risk, no cost, only benefits of translation in context and then bigger user base and better user experience, yet developers do not use it.

We’ve made a lot in marketing, created a website, an android studio plugin to make integration even more easy, I’ve written several posts about it… without significant result.

Dou you have any idea why it is?

This is our website: (sorry for the analytics code) http://www.transround.com/

It's can be because:
1. Developer need integrate another SDK, which grown apk size and can give new crashes
2. No guarantee about quality of translation
3. This not translates market description, whatsnew and other required strings. So if I even have quality translation - I can't add new language in market
4. You want to got many results very soon

Upvote 0
Thanks jbak.
We also thought about these concerns and tried to find solution for each.
1. apk size/reliability: different "multilingual" version on not yet targeted market (where there's no risk) might be used in case of serious concerns
2. quality translation: if community translation is not trusted pro translators also can be used
3. market description: currently we're working on it, your opinion confirms our effort
4. sorry, i'm not quite sure i understand you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones