• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why does the LED stop blinking?

When I get a call, email, text message..etc.. my phone will make a noise once.. and then the LED will flash green.

HOWEVER.. if I don't notice it.. it seems after a few minutes the LED stop blinking green. I often leave my phone on my night stand.. step out of the room for awhile.. come back.. look at the phone and the LED is not blinking.. but when I wake up the phone I show a missed call, new email, new text, etc.

Is this how it is supposed to work?? should the green LED keep flashing until I check the phone?

I also read in another thread here that the LED is only bi-color in the DI, green and orange, not the nifty RGB LED that most newer phones (by newer I mean even my old BlackBerry Curve 8330 that had an amazingly bright RGB notification LED) have. Why they put a dim, wimpy bi-color only LED on the DI is beyond me...

Upvote 0
this. the settings i have tried on handcent do not seem to translate to reality. plus the fact that the LED is so recessed within the body that you can't see it unless you are floating directly over it
I have a huge issue with this as well. I hate how its so recessed that the ONLY way I can see the light is if I'm looking straight-on. And even then, I have to be within 2 feet or else its not bright enough.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have no idea what the dev means. It works fine on my Incredible. I tried Missed Call, but it doesn't work with Gmail and Mail.

What does this mean in their description:
DOESN'T SUPPOSE TO WORK ON 2.0 LIKE DROID. MAY HAVE ISSUES ON 1.6 AS WELL
Have you ran into any issues?

Another app that keeps the LED on longer is:
Missed Call - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0
Yeah one thing I miss about the Eris is the trackball lighting up when theres any notification

Yes I really miss that feature as well, but that is about it... I rather have a phone that can be used as a phone rather than lit up trackball

funny thing is that when the battery is low the light keeps blinking :/

Ya now that you mention it that is kind of strange how that works :)

Upvote 0
Many things work like that if you think about it. My Razr beeped, my Omnia beeped, my LED headlamp has an additional red LED that flashes when the battery is low. My laptop displays a pop-up. Many new autos have a lamp on the dash that tells you when your low on fuel (requires about as much energy as the Inc. LED I'm sure and draws more from the alternator making the engine work harder using more fuel;)), but you get my drift.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones