• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why does the screen wake up when I touch it??

andonakis

Oct 5, 2010
So this is bugging me like crazy. I pull the phone out of my pocket and the screen turns on. It still locked but my screen turns on. It doesn't have to be in my pocket. Even when laying somewhere I would pick it up and the screen automatically turns on. I don't get it.

So this is bugging me like crazy. I pull the phone out of my pocket and the screen turns on. It still locked but my screen turns on. It doesn't have to be in my pocket. Even when laying somewhere I would pick it up and the screen automatically turns on. I don't get it.

There has to be a setting somewhere for the proximity sensor to turn on the screen.

I don't have a note 2 so I'll have to do a little digging to find the settings. Give me a little bit. :)

EDIT:

I think I found something.

Go under the Lockscreen settings and search around until you find the "Camera Quick Access" setting and see if it's turned on. This might be causing this. I found this thread over at XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2134804

Upvote 0
There has to be a setting somewhere for the proximity sensor to turn on the screen.

I don't have a note 2 so I'll have to do a little digging to find the settings. Give me a little bit. :)

EDIT:

I think I found something.

Go under the Lockscreen settings and search around until you find the "Camera Quick Access" setting and see if it's turned on. This might be causing this. I found this thread over at XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2134804

I hate to think that this would be the problem. I love using that feature. Do you not think the camera will come on if that was the case? In my case the screen just comes on I still have to unlock. But I will try and see if that helps. Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones