1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Why does this phone randomly reboots?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kharl, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Kharl

Kharl Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 22, 2013
    i have had three f these phones, i tought it was an app, but it does even when at factory state

but it does it more frequent when apps installed

WHY?

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
  3. Kharl

Kharl Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 22, 2013
    is not the battery, IT reboots!
    is not a lose battery because this phone, different from lot of other phones, the battery does not just fit with pressure... it has two clamps that needs to be locked in order to hold the battery there EVEN in the event of a really big drop and so well designed that the battery door does not close until both clamps are locked.
    Once trying to take a video while riding a bike i hit a bump and the phone fall to the street, almost 20 or 25 vehicles passed over it until there was a gap in the transit so could pick it up.. the dam phone is so tough that the phone recorded EVERY vehicle that passed over it

regarding cleaning contacts... neither, it does it with the phone new, coming out of the box

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Buggy firmware can cause random rebooting, especially given that you've had 3 devices, all the same. Which is definitely something that NEC would have to fix.

Oppo Find 7 used to sometimes reboot when writing to the SD, but that was eventually fixed with an update and Qualcomm's assistance.

BTW didn't even realize that NEC still made phones these days, last one I can recall was the one I had...the 9A ETACS analog.
    149689240_nec-9a-retro-mobile-telephone-vintage-brick-mobile-phone.jpg

#4 mikedt, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    KOLIO likes this.
  5. Kharl

Kharl Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 22, 2013
    HAHAHA!

nahh NEC did some other phones.. but i really dont understand that company.. it does a dam amazing powerful phone (for the age) and no support, they act like if they wourldnt have made the phone..!
    the phone is rock solid IN ALL THE SENSES even with the software, NOBODY has been able to root it and to install a custom android os!

for my lifestyle/kind of job, the only phone that fits is THIS or the CATs one but the cat s one doesnt have physical keyboard. this phone is waterproof... i dont remember if 1 or 5 meters for no more than 30 minutes.. dude. i have been 10 feets under the sea for over an hour with only that phone as a camera and no problem!, it has fall from my bike, from my car and from the wing of a airplane (while taxing but it was a fall of over 15 feets and had to stay on ramp for over an hour in a extremely hot pavement with direct sunlight until tower allowed us to go back to the same point to pick it up..) this phone is just BRUTE. and looks! it's elegant!
    [​IMG]

6. Kharl

Kharl Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 22, 2013
    but it random reboots
    curiously it never have doit in the middle of something important, it does it only when idle AND the reboots takes only 24-30 secs what i found fast for a phone with lot of apps installed and customizations...