• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why does Verizon Have NO Incredibles?

tomleath

Lurker
May 15, 2010
I am incredibly amazed that Verizon would launch a phone (HTC Incredible) and be out of stock in less than a week. What a major screw up! The kicker is that the stores are in complete disarray and have no idea when they will have phones to sell. I was going to open a new account with Verizon, but I think I will stay with AT&T. Say what you will about AT&T, but in three generations of iPhones there has never been a shortage. Somebody at Verizon really screwed the pooch on this deal!

There is a parts shortage as well. Phone is flying off the shelves and a parts shortage.

Patience is a virtue.

And considering from what I read one of the parts is the LCD screen that is not the best of news. Since I figure the same screen goes into the N1 as well as the Desire. And lets see the Desire has been having supply problems as well in EU.

Upvote 0
And considering from what I read one of the parts is the LCD screen that is not the best of news. Since I figure the same screen goes into the N1 as well as the Desire. And lets see the Desire has been having supply problems as well in EU.

It doesn't have the same screen as the N1. It has a better and more responsive screen. The reason why it's sold out is because people are buying them. Verizon can't keep them on the shelf.

Upvote 0
I am incredibly amazed that Verizon would launch a phone (HTC Incredible) and be out of stock in less than a week. What a major screw up! The kicker is that the stores are in complete disarray and have no idea when they will have phones to sell. I was going to open a new account with Verizon, but I think I will stay with AT&T. Say what you will about AT&T, but in three generations of iPhones there has never been a shortage. Somebody at Verizon really screwed the pooch on this deal!

IPhone Out of Stock 'Company Wide,' Say Apple Sales Reps - PCWorld

iphone has been out of stock on a couple of occasions. Sorry to inform you.

Upvote 0
actually... it does mean just that.

Will take the word of a reviewer first.

Nexus One vs HTC Desire vs HTC Incredible: What's the Difference? - Tested

"We'd wager these are the exact same panels"

The sensor is exactly that a sensor that attatches to the panel. And they have differenet sensors that is know if the pannels are different I have not seen anything on it.

Guess I should have used the word pannel in my discussion not screen. But it makes since as to why the shortage would be there since this pannel is going into not one but 2 of the hotest phones on the market worldwide.

Upvote 0
Will take the word of a reviewer first.

Nexus One vs HTC Desire vs HTC Incredible: What's the Difference? - Tested

"We'd wager these are the exact same panels"

The sensor is exactly that a sensor that attatches to the panel. And they have differenet sensors that is know if the pannels are different I have not seen anything on it.

Umm... if they have sensors to tell them if the panels are different, then why don't they say that they know the panels are the same?

Why are they saying that they would "wager" that they are the same?

Upvote 0
Anyway this is a pretty common hardware sales strategy. The iPad has been having the same problem as has the Wii. For a business, it may make sense to only make a limited quantity and underestimate demand rather than invest so much in something that might sit on shelves. The problem comes when the demand is high and they have to suddenly ramp up production. Oh well, it keeps the products in the news

Upvote 0
Umm... if they have sensors to tell them if the panels are different, then why don't they say that they know the panels are the same?

Why are they saying that they would "wager" that they are the same?

Review: Verizon HTC Droid Incredible | Android Central
Same 3.7-inch AMOLED touchscreen at 480x800 pixels

Yes I had more I just picked one I had seen.
But learn how panels work. There are only a few companies that make them for everyone. This includes the LCD and plasma panels for TVs. What makes them different is how each company hooks them up and the software they use.

Reactions: porktorta
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones