1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Why doesn't Android?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by zuben el genub, Dec 25, 2016.

1. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I'd like an explanation in English for this:

Why can't Android download lessons from Craftsy to be viewed later? idevices can. What's the difference?

The Vulcan keeps the windows up in the car at all times and shoves cotton in his ears to kill road noise.
    It also means there is no conversation with him at all.

Craftsy has classes on almost everything - baking with sourdough, art, photography and quilting.
    You can download the lessons on an iDevice to view later (with the app and a membership) but it isn't possible on Android.

Being able to view a class would be nice on longer jaunts with a deaf and dumb (by choice) driver.

I've noticed other parts of apps available for iDevice and not Android. Some graphics in Accuweather seem to be in Apple's app, but not in Android. I'll see things like this when searching for a special app. I'll get both in the search engine.

I don't intend to get an iDevice just for this, but you do feel like a second class citizen of the net.

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I can't see anything on Craftsy without logging in and paying $$$. So that's the end of that.

Accuweather I don't know, never use it.

#2 mikedt, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    bcrichster and Dannydet like this.
  3. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Contact Craftsy and ask them?

scary alien, Dannydet and lunatic59 like this.
  4. zuben el genub

Jan 24, 2011
    I have. The Android app doesn't support downloading for later. I have no clue as to who wrote the apps for Craftsy. I've looked and it takes you to the Craftsy web page. I'm assuming it was in house.

I do know of one astronomical developer for Palm who moved his app to Apple since it was easier to maintain in iOS. The app was called Astromist and it would aim a controlled telescope at an object for you. This was for PALM.

Android has good apps now - but some of those also started on iOS.

5. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Then they (Craftsy) need to up their game. If I can download podcasts (with DogCatcher) and tv programmes (with BBC iPlayer) for offline use then there's no excuse, other than laziness, for it not to be supported.

bcrichster, lunatic59 and psionandy like this.
  6. zuben el genub

Jan 24, 2011
    Locals out here and low budget. Colorado is a backwater. If you don't use an iDevice -----

bcrichster likes this.
  7. bcrichster

bcrichster Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Male
    Electrical, Electronics
    Florida
    I've checked out many an iCrap device and can't seem to get to where those developers & fanboys are coming from..
    uploadfromtaptalk1482965609130.jpg
    Just Sayin'.. [emoji23]

Boost Mobile, T-Mobile, all work well out there I hear. iPhone and Android both. I believe you may be the victim of too much hype..??
    BTW, I feel @Slug has the "Best Answer" on this one tho