• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why doesn't my favorite shortcut work!?!?

tap58892

Lurker
Feb 15, 2010
Prior to my 2.2 update from this morning (which I am slowly not liking!!??) I used to hit the "awake" button and then "menu" instead of sliding that bar down in order to unlock my phone.
Since this update that is no longer an option. Is this a bug?? Will it be fixed? If not, what was the point?!?!

I have heard others on the forum reporting this as well. I never used the menu button to unlock...so it doesn't really affect me. I'm not sure if it was designed this way or not. If it really bugs you...there is an app called "WidgetLocker" that allows you to put widgets on your lock screen and lets you set up any physical button to unlock your phone. It's $3 I think, but personally I think it's well worth it to get the widgets on your lock screen (i.e. - calendar, weather, etc.)

Upvote 0
I hope it works for you. I've been using it for a long time now and couldn't be happier with it.

Thanks for mentioning the sig. This place has become a fiasco after the release of 2.2. I know that when you get a lot of new people on the forum they don't realize that there is a search function or they may not know how to use it. But, really!!! I've been a Mod for many years and I've been an Admin for almost the same amount of time. This place makes me crazy with all of the repeated threads. If I were a Mod here I would have quit a while ago. I just don't have that much patience to be merging the same threads day after day while people keep creating new ones and could care less.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones