1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Why dose TiBU screw with my Market?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by coonster, May 3, 2011.

1. coonster

coonster Member
    None

Oct 30, 2010
    Is there any way for the Market app to remember what I have downloaded in the past despite me using TiBU restore of the apps every time I do a clean wipe?

When I install the CM 7 nightlies, I wipe for the hell of it, but when I restore my apps, it seems the Market doesn't realize that the free apps I have downloaded in the past are there. And as a result, nothing gets updated.

I was just wondering how you guys remedied this?

Advertisement

2. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    Are you backing up and restoring market links with Titanium Backup?

3. coonster

coonster Member
    None

Oct 30, 2010
    ...yes? I think? I just run the batch operation to backup just the apps and no system data. On a new ROM, I have TiBU already on the SD card (so no need to access the Market to download it first) and just restore from there.

Is that the wrong way? I've done it this way for a few months now and it never really gave me trouble until now.

4. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!!
    VIP Member
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    Worldwide Logistics by day,Website design by night
    Olympus, Back on the throne!!!
    That's the best way to do it.

After the restore of apps, click on menu and then Menu>More>Market Doctor and that will restore all the market links.

Then open the market and accept the agreement. Go to your apps and see if they are there. If they are not there, close out of the market and make sure you are at your homescreen. Then click on Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All Then find the market and click on it. Once you are at the screen that has Force Stop, Uninstall, Clear Cache, Clear Data, Move to SD Card, and Clear Defaults, click on BOTH Clear Cache and Clear Data. Then back completely out and open your market and accept the agreement. Go to your apps and then completely back after a few seconds of waiting. Then open your market again and go to your apps and you should now see all of your apps listed.

Kratos

SNeitzel likes this.