• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why I am Giving Up The Cliq

I had the droid and LOVED IT! I now have the cliq and I honestly do NOT miss the doid at all! The cliq is awsome and I like tmobile so far. One thing I don't like about the cliq is that pandora sound bad in my car with a cassett adaptor. The droid was the same but not the behold 2. The behold sounded great. What could be wrong fellows?

Upvote 0
Well for sure on the Cliq sometimes the touch screen has problems. For example I listen to voice mail and can't hit 7 to delete. But I did it by opening up the real keyboard and typing numbers. Of course after typing '76' I went back to touch screen and '7' worked fine. When I was trying to type '7', I could type 1 or *, but these caused errors with the voice mail system. Also I did not get a notification that I had a voice mail to begin with. oh well weird stuff happens. With great power comes great responsibility.

Upvote 0
The cliq is much better than the droid anyway.....they both use the same battery but the droids larger screen is an even worse battery killer.... I find the cliq's screen size to be very adequate...

the droid also has a flat keyboard which isn't as easy to use as the cliq's rounded keys....

cliq also has 5 home pages and the droid only has 3

for all the hype over the droid, the cliq is a better unit.

I'm not sure what the difference is between 1.5 and 2 which is the only big difference I can see between units.... but I hope they'll keep upgrading the cliq's software so it doesn't matter....

Regards!

Funny how I only use ONE PAGE and people seem to need FIVE? What on earth do you guys add to these pages that make having pages a big deal? You have 5 pages, you have to swipe five different directions to get to something no? I dont get it, sorry.

Upvote 0
So since I originally posted this the update for the CLIQ has come out. I tried the Behold 2. Didn't care for it. Felt really cheap. So the update has improved my CLIQ but its not quite what I need. I'm sorry but e-mail on Android sucks. I've tried it on three devices with the same result. Until 2.0 or the Nexus One is released, I'll be using my Blackberry 9700. Its alot more reliable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones