• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help why i can not dial a call or receive call ?

recently I found a terrible problem of my android.
after start the phone 1 day, I found I can not dial a call even I have full signal, and if I try to call my android phone from other phone, my android don't have any ring or prompt.That means if someone call me, then I won't know, and the phone will have no log about the call!!!!

and after I found this problem I restart my HTC magic, and then everything is OK again, but later if will happen again. I don't what problem cause this thing happen, is there any method I can find out the reason of this issue ?

How can HTC magic be so unstable ????

It could be your SIM card.

Press menu -> settings -> wireless controls -> mobile networks.

Look at network operators, is the phone seeing your provider? If not search networks, can it now see your network? If it can try connecting to it.

If you get a message like your sim card does not support connection to this network. Then it's a SIM card problem. I have it happen about once a month, take out the SIM card give it a good clean (I rub it with cotton material) then reinsert it. I then find it works without a problem.

Upvote 0
Yes, when I tried to dial the number ,I found the signal is full. So it shouldn't be the SIM card's problem

It could be your SIM card.

Press menu -> settings -> wireless controls -> mobile networks.

Look at network operators, is the phone seeing your provider? If not search networks, can it now see your network? If it can try connecting to it.

If you get a message like your sim card does not support connection to this network. Then it's a SIM card problem. I have it happen about once a month, take out the SIM card give it a good clean (I rub it with cotton material) then reinsert it. I then find it works without a problem.

Upvote 0
You can have a full signal if the phone logs onto any network. If the sim card is misbehaving the phone will log on to the strongest network to allow calls to the emergency services, however as your sim card isn't working your phone number will not be associated with your device so you will be unable to receive calls or make calls to non-emergency service numbers.

As I said in my previous post, my phone has exhibited this exact behaviour before and is fixed every time I clean my SIM card and re-insert it.

I don't know what causes the problem as the same SIM card worked fine in my Treo.

Reactions: denniszeng2008
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones