1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Why I Cannot Use Skype on Android 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by asker, Sep 20, 2011.

1. asker

asker Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Hey, guys. I've bought a China-made Android cellphone which adopts the 2.2 OS. But when i installed Skype for Android, it said "application (skype) is in compatible with the system. Continue the installation anyway?" I chose to continue, and the installation was completed. But after i entered my user id and password to log in, it told me to re-install the app. So, is this phone compatible with skype? Why? Or is there something wrong with the installing? Thanks for answering.

Advertisement

2. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011

U didnt say what phone u got?? That would make it easier to answer...

My dad did the same thing.. I showed him my captivate and apps.. Told him how much i liked android so He went out and ordered a tablet from... China... The thing sucked big ones couldnt access any of the good apps... Now i have an infuse and when i go to visit i ask how his table weight is doing... Sure both my phones are korean but i did my research.. I try to tell my dad to call me first or do a lil research but nooo he sees a 'good' deal and jumps on it...

3. surlypoker

None

Sep 13, 2011
    All i keep thinking is just like china censors websites they could possibly put blocks in their hardware... Especially something like skype being a free uncensored pvp contact with anyone around the world... Is this the only app giving u problems finding/ downloading??

4. asker

asker Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Thanks, but you did not answer my question. I cannot tell you which phone because i'm new user and forbidden to post link. Can you tell me what factors may cause the failure?

5. asker

asker Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Thank you, i can use many apps. Only skype i cannot use.

6. asker

asker Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Nope, China blocks some SNS like facebook, but they don't block instant messaging. I bought the phone from a Chinese store and i talked to the customer service via Skype on PC.

7. surlypoker

None

Sep 13, 2011

Dont need to post a link... Just post the manufacturer and which phone it is... Ill look it up for u if its skype capable... If u cant do that then i dont know that anyone could help u anyway...

One thing.. If u dont have a front facing camera its not worth it for u anyway... Got skype on my captivate before i realized i made a noob move...

8. asker

asker Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Errr, it's an unbranded mobile phone. So i cannot tell you which manufacturer. But yes, my phone has a front facing camera.