1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

why i can't mention in FB on chrome mobile app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mooooon, Jul 15, 2019.

1. mooooon

mooooon Newbie

i don't like the fb apps and my phone doesn't have any more space so i use chrome

to be able to use FB but when i try to mention any one in comments or any thing

the selection menu doesn't show up !!

is there any fix to this ? is it a bug in chrome ? but why it works in the desktop site ?

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

When in Chrome, switch to desktop site using the 3 Dots in the upper right.
    Now you'll have comments.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. mooooon

mooooon Newbie

@Dannydet
    i know but the browser becomes very heavy and the page format isn't Appropriate for phones .... why can't i just do it in the https://m.facebook.com/
    and in another phone although i did "switch to desktop site" but it still redirects me to a not well resolution version of the https://m.facebook.com/

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Because Chrome is crap?

I just tried using Tinfoil for Facebook, a tiny app that runs the Facebook mobile website in a wrapper (to stop the scumbags from seeing everything else you have browsed), and mentions work fine there. Because it is just a wrapper this means that they work in the mobile website on android. I expect it's using the android system webview on my phone, as I have Chrome disabled, and therefore if this feature doesn't work for you it's likely Chrome is the problem.

Dannydet likes this.
  5. makmor

makmor Lurker

I had same problem but it was due to facebook version as I was FB lite. In normal FB app, it won't be a trouble.

6. Hadron

VIP Member

The OP here is using a browser (Chrome) rather than an app. They have said that they don't like the FB apps and don't want to use them (an entirely reasonable position in my opinion).

MoodyBlues likes this.
  7. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Yes but the chrome mobile site is entirely different from the desktop site on mobile

8. Hadron

VIP Member

But "mentions" work in the Facebook mobile site on other browsers: as well as the Webview that Tinfoil uses I just tried it with the DuckDuckGo browser, which also works fine. So the problem isn't that these don't work on the Facebook mobile website, it's that Chrome doesn't work with it.

(Interestingly Firefox Focus is so resistant to FB's data-slurping that FB won't even let me log in with it - which is a point in Mozilla's favour ;)).

#8 Hadron, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    MoodyBlues and Dannydet like this.
  9. mooooon

mooooon Newbie

no it also doesn't work on firefox !

YUB it can only be disabled not removed so i am using it as Literally have no space for any more app !

10. mooooon

mooooon Newbie

i have tried it too but still the mention doesn't work !!!

11. mikedt

mikedt 你好

So no browser works? You're not in some place where FB is blocked are you, like China? Try a VPN?

12. mooooon

mooooon Newbie

@miikedt

mate dd you even read the question title ?
    i said mention doesn't work not facebook ... facebook works just fine !

13. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sorry I can't help you then. Have a nice day.

Dannydet likes this.
  14. mooooon

mooooon Newbie

You too :)

Chrome

Chrome Forum

com.android.chrome

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs