• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why I have the Captivate and had the iPhone

Surfer

Jul 16, 2010
California
Well, I have/had BOTH the iPhone 4 and Captivate... And I also have an iPod touch. And I just thought to myself... why does the iPhone 4 seem so redundant and honestly... nothing special. I then realized it was EXACTLY the same as my iPod touch. I mean neither made calls, they had the same apps, the only differences were the cameras and the different build quality! So at the end of the day I end up with a device to kill time on road trips and at home, and that is my iPod touch, and I also have a cool device to do basically everything, and that is my Captivate!!!

Well, I have/had BOTH the iPhone 4 and Captivate... And I also have an iPod touch. And I just thought to myself... why does the iPhone 4 seem so redundant and honestly... nothing special. I then realized it was EXACTLY the same as my iPod touch. I mean neither made calls, they had the same apps, the only differences were the cameras and the different build quality! So at the end of the day I end up with a device to kill time on road trips and at home, and that is my iPod touch, and I also have a cool device to do basically everything, and that is my Captivate!!!

Interesting...good plan I suppose. When I sold my 3GS after realizing it couldn't make/keep calls reliably, I thought about getting an iPod touch (because that's essentially what an iPhone is...an iPod/media/entertainment device and not a phone). After "Antennagate", and the way Jobs handled everything, I vowed that Apple wouldn't see any more of my money...

Upvote 0
Interesting...good plan I suppose. When I sold my 3GS after realizing it couldn't make/keep calls reliably, I thought about getting an iPod touch (because that's essentially what an iPhone is...an iPod/media/entertainment device and not a phone). After "Antennagate", and the way Jobs handled everything, I vowed that Apple wouldn't see any more of my money...

Haha I see your point of view. But I gotta admit the iPod's are still the best MP3 item out there. All the small differences don't matter to me though, I am fine with having a 1st gen iPod touch and 1st gen iPod Nano. Those small changes really mean nothing!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones