• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why I Love this Phone (My 1,000th post)

Ruben

Android Expert
Dec 20, 2009
I've seen lots of return posts lately and not any "why I love this phone" posts. I must say, some of you guys have valid reasons for returning it, and others just have such high standards that you'll have to wait ten years for a phone.

Anyway, I think I'll do this is list form.

1. It's fast. What else can I say? Bonnie Cha (CNET) said that it was the fastest phone she had ever used. Coming from an ERIS, this phone just is amazing. It just doesn't lag. The keyboard even keeps up with me! :D

2. It looks good. At first I thought I was going to hate the terraced back, but it's really thinner than you would think. I actually really like it. 3.7'' AMOLED screen too! WO! Awesome. It looks great. Sure, sunlight is bad. But compared to an iPhone it's pretty par.

3. Android 2.1. Did I mention that Hero users have been waiting for the software running our phones for 5 months now? Yah. It's kind of nice to sit back, relax, and know that you have the latest version of android AND Sense UI.

4. Camera. Although 8MP is a bit much, the camera is pretty decent. Sure, some indoor picture can turn out bleh, but it's more than what I need. Way more. G'bye digital camera.

5. The community. *insert corny music here* The community has been great. Following this phone for months and having it in our hands is amazing. I couldn't imagine a better ending.

This phone has it all. And it doesn't have 245mb of RAM or a red back (if you don't understand be lucky you didn't have to suffer). :D

And a little love for my 1,000th post! :D :D

Im glad you posted this. i've had my DInc for a week and haven't had any problems at all. As for the battery life, if you know how to manage the apps and features this phone uses, it isn't a problem unless its an actual battery malfunction. This is my frist droid and I have been using the S out of this phone and havent gotten past less than 20% battery life.

Upvote 0
In all reviews, they speak about the speed, features, and the other great attributes of the phone. They don't mention call quality. It's terrible. I can barely understand a caller when trying to hold a conversation. Coming from the Eris it's like night and day. On another thread, someone said it must be a poor quality speaker. It's not Verizon or a bad phone. Too many others are complaining about the same problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones