1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Why I Love this Phone (My 1,000th post)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ruben, May 7, 2010.

1. Ruben

Ruben Android Expert

Dec 20, 2009
    I've seen lots of return posts lately and not any "why I love this phone" posts. I must say, some of you guys have valid reasons for returning it, and others just have such high standards that you'll have to wait ten years for a phone.

Anyway, I think I'll do this is list form.

1. It's fast. What else can I say? Bonnie Cha (CNET) said that it was the fastest phone she had ever used. Coming from an ERIS, this phone just is amazing. It just doesn't lag. The keyboard even keeps up with me! :D

2. It looks good. At first I thought I was going to hate the terraced back, but it's really thinner than you would think. I actually really like it. 3.7'' AMOLED screen too! WO! Awesome. It looks great. Sure, sunlight is bad. But compared to an iPhone it's pretty par.

3. Android 2.1. Did I mention that Hero users have been waiting for the software running our phones for 5 months now? Yah. It's kind of nice to sit back, relax, and know that you have the latest version of android AND Sense UI.

4. Camera. Although 8MP is a bit much, the camera is pretty decent. Sure, some indoor picture can turn out bleh, but it's more than what I need. Way more. G'bye digital camera.

5. The community. *insert corny music here* The community has been great. Following this phone for months and having it in our hands is amazing. I couldn't imagine a better ending.

This phone has it all. And it doesn't have 245mb of RAM or a red back (if you don't understand be lucky you didn't have to suffer). :D

And a little love for my 1,000th post! :D :D

Advertisement

2. Mischka7

Mischka7 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Agree with every point above. Only hardware issue I have right now, is that the whole bleeding screen washes out in the sun.

3. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Android Expert

Mar 9, 2010
    Where it's hot
    Funny thing is, the first thing I did was buy a case for it and wouldn't ya know? It now has a red back!!! ;)

4. TokedUp

TokedUp Android Enthusiast

May 1, 2010
    Im glad you posted this. i've had my DInc for a week and haven't had any problems at all. As for the battery life, if you know how to manage the apps and features this phone uses, it isn't a problem unless its an actual battery malfunction. This is my frist droid and I have been using the S out of this phone and havent gotten past less than 20% battery life.

5. tispectrum

tispectrum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    In all reviews, they speak about the speed, features, and the other great attributes of the phone. They don't mention call quality. It's terrible. I can barely understand a caller when trying to hold a conversation. Coming from the Eris it's like night and day. On another thread, someone said it must be a poor quality speaker. It's not Verizon or a bad phone. Too many others are complaining about the same problem.

6. Ruben

Ruben Android Expert

Dec 20, 2009
    I agree completely

7. emmalina

emmalina Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    TN
    me------->Ruben----->sending a little love for your 1000th post:D...yay yay and you got sooo many thanks too:p
    have an incredible nite:rolleyes:

Ruben likes this.
  8. jamor

jamor Android Expert

Apr 13, 2010
    Planet Earth
    I absolutely love every aspect of this phone.

I have one problem. The top rattles when you tap it or set it down. But I was told this is because of the camera has an autofocus so it needs to be loose and that a rattle is a good sign that it is working. =/

Otherwise this thing is so friggin sweet.