1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Why i may be getting rid of this phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ownagemaximus, Dec 25, 2010.

1. ownagemaximus

ownagemaximus Newbie
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Ankeny Iowa
    The samsung epic 4g has been a great device. I used to have an HTC EVO before i switched to the epic and even with 2.1 i will still keep it over the EVO. The problem? THE CARRIER! The carrier has the Froyo update finalized and ready for release. The rumored date of Dec. 26th has almost been crushed. I updated my phone and my mom's to the unnoficial Froyo 4S base-band version. I was trying to Odin flash it back to 2.1 and i hosed my phone and had to get a new one. My mom's phone i did not try to get flashed back to 2.1 so she took it into sprint to look at it. They said they had the phone back to normal but the newer version of touchwhiz was on the device. I looked at the base-band version. Froyo 5s. She has the official froyo on her phone from sprint. This was in November! It's almost January and they still don't have it out yet! This is exactly why if i do not get froyo tomorrow i am going to T-mobile and the G2. This is ridiculous! Samsung isn't the problem right now it's Sprint! I am never purchasing another samsung device unless it's a nexus device EVER! They both were the problem because samsung took all the months to finally get it done and to sprint and now sprint is doing a samsung. I am very dissapointed in sprint.

Advertisement

2. markstibbyspot

None

Nov 12, 2010
    I agree sprint is crap..not just of froyo.

3. jasonamd

jasonamd Member
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    I doubt your mom's phone has the official version of 2.2 from sprint from November. What is the build number? The last 4 characters of the baseband version? If this was truely a sprint only issue in getting 2.2 on the galaxy phone then why do none of the other carriers have it either?

4. silencer271

silencer271 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    god some people are such babies

gme109 likes this.
  5. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 22, 2010
    how often do you switch phones and carriers???

there are only so many carriers in your area...
    leaving for such a minor complaint... really!!

you do know it is the Holidays... and any working is down to the very minimum...
    smile and be merry.. happy holidays!!!!

6. rosie2490

rosie2490 Newbie
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    Boston, Ma
    I wouldn't listen to anyone at the store unless the employee is really up on his/her android stuff. When I was with Verizon not too long ago I brought my Eris in to get fixed and ultimately replaced. The guy who gave me my new Eris told me it had 2.3 on it...I told him that's not possible because at that time it wasn't even available as beta. I looked at the firmware and it was 2.1 . Unfortunately just cause they work there doesn't always mean they know what there talking about :/

7. hybid09

hybid09 Newbie
    None

Sep 17, 2010
    My Epic brothers and sisters, I too bought into all the epic hype. The #1 android, did not live up to its name. Shame on you Sprint & Samsung!

Sent from my lying ass Samsung EPIC!!! :D

8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    This thread will cause nothing but trouble.... closed.

Install the leak or hope Tmobile works out better for you. :)

hybid09 likes this.