• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why is Android so unstable?

Can anyone explain to me why is Android so unstable as a platform?

I have been using Motorola Milestone since September 2010. At first I thought the faults my phone has were the fault of Motorola, but when I googled a li'l in search of a replacement androphone I found that every phone I liked has similar problems. Then deduced, it is due to the instability problem in Android OS. I just do not understand why.

Apart from that the OS is great, but I will be forced to switch OS & phone if I determin that the Android will not change for better. Thanks in advance to anyone who would like to aproach the problem from this point of view. :)

Hello, welcome to the forums, if you tell us specifically what problems you're having I'm sure we can help you out-- an unstable stock phone is a rare thing, and even rarer that it can't be solved.

Occasionally problems are actually created by the user-- such as using task killers or installing software not meant for your phone. Annoying, I know, but we can help you with that too!

Furthermore, if you're running an older version of Android, an upgrade would certainly help.

Upvote 0
Can anyone explain to me why is Android so unstable as a platform?
It's not.

I have been using Motorola Milestone since September 2010. At first I thought the faults my phone has were the fault of Motorola, but when I googled a li'l in search of a replacement androphone I found that every phone I liked has similar problems. Then deduced, it is due to the instability problem in Android OS. I just do not understand why.
You're not understanding causal versus coincidental. Android isn't inherently unstable but it does allow users to make it unstable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones